Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

riding position and leaning into turns 01 Nov 2005 18:06 #6009

• John68
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
When I get the GPz done, we'll have to check into www.beaverun.com/ They have open track times for motorcycles through-out the year. Also, they have training for motorcycle racing, and novice training. I think www.championsportbikeclub.com hosts the training and track days. It's deffinitely something to look into. I have always wanted to take a car out to beaver run, but for lack of time to get a car up to the challenge, I think taking a bike up there would be just as fun, if not better. Of course, I prefer racing in cars, just for the odds that I will come home without a broken wrist, vs. taking a motorcycle up there, but then again, it's been awhile since I have had any injuries with bragging rights!

I hope you have good health insurance. :)

EDIT: [Homer] DOH! [/Homer] www.nesba.com has motorcycle performance training at beaverun. I should have read their sight before posting. champion sport bike club used to have something notable at beaverun. I'd have to read to find out... I never learned to read... :( :P

Post edited by: john68, at: 2005/11/01 21:11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

riding position and leaning into turns 01 Nov 2005 19:51 #6026

• KZbilly
  • User
something I have learned was when riding thru corners, is to be on the front balls of your feet, push down with the inside foot and inside handle. oh yeah and go into the turn while in a higher gear so that you have room to hammer it as you come out of the turn and have more time to readjust your foot. I think the point of the ball of the foot is your supposed to try and keep your butt up slightly off the seat to shift it around from side to side. I have used these technics on a sports bike and my KAWI. I don't really need to do as much with my kaw the honda CB1 was more accepting and handled better. Not that I don't love the Kawi but I had to borrow my brothers CB1 while the it was down. I have her back now.

riding position and leaning into turns 01 Nov 2005 20:41 #6032

• GargantuChet
  • GargantuChet's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
John68 wrote:

When I get the GPz done, we'll have to check into www.beaverun.com/

I hope you have good health insurance. :)

Bull. You don't have to wait for the GPz, now that you've got the engine for the 90.

I'll even lend the SR and take on the 90 for the day -- with a mug like mine, I'm used to public embarassment.

riding position and leaning into turns 01 Nov 2005 21:40 #6039

• PuGz
  • User
KZbilly wrote:

oh yeah and go into the turn while in a higher gear so that you have room to hammer it as you come out of the turn and have more time to readjust your foot.

I dont agree with that at all. The KZ's have a high power band my bike makes power all the way to red. You are much better off having the bike in the power band when you enter a corner. By all means slow down before you get to the corner and accelerate though it but dont shift up before you go in if anything downshift.

riding position and leaning into turns 01 Nov 2005 22:01 #6040

• John68
  • User
Oh yeah, I forgot!

That's not running yet, but with it's looks at the moment, it is a perfect canidate for laying down. Now that I think of it, I doubt I will be experimenting with the handling of the GPz, once it's finished. Not that I don't like to play, I just don't want to scratch the paint! The 90 needs an excuse for a restoration. BTW, the engine has 125 psi compression cold, which isn't bad for a supposed 7.0:1 compression ratio(according to the owner's manual). Not bad for $24.99 on ebay! MUAHAHAHA!

I will check into nesba and get dates of when we can play.

riding position and leaning into turns 18 Nov 2005 19:28 #8936

• wireguy
  • User
I never worry about my speedo,im usually too busy looking ahead to see where im going to land if my latest Kenny Roberts impersonation goes bad,but i definately reccomend ditching the center stand to gain some clearance.put some good tires on your bike and it will tell you what wants to do

riding position and leaning into turns 18 Nov 2005 19:40 #8938

• Aloha Mr Hand Z1R
  • User
My speedo doesn't work, but I've never been tempted to look at it mid-corner... too busy looking as far up the road and around the corner as possible... I definitely push with the outside foot and inside hand. If you get into a groove and 'feel' the bike under you it's almost like dancing... but better, all you have to do is buy your date a tank of gas...

riding position and leaning into turns 19 Nov 2005 07:05 #9002

• schmol
  • User
I can suggest a great book to learn the basics to becoming an advanced rider by Keith Code. IT called "Twist of the Wrist: the motorocycle road racer handbook" www.amazon.com/gp/product/0965045013/102...155&s=books&v=glance

Post edited by: schmol, at: 2005/11/19 10:06

riding position and leaning into turns 19 Nov 2005 13:52 #9036

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
I wasn't saying to look at the speedo IN the corner, I was saying that you will have a tendency to look as you are setting up to apex and go into the corner. PRE Corner. It's natural when you can feel you are hauling ass to look down as you setup and see how fast you are entering at.

• Page: