Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

rear brake pulls to right 25 Apr 2006 22:55 #42720

• timber
  • timber's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
ok when i use the rear brake a little it pulls to the rear of the bike to the right. if i step on it good it wobbles real hard and just about sends the front into full tank slapper mode.

now some history, both wheels where just off so new tires are on. it was cold as a witch's teet when it did this (32 degrees cold)

so what could cause this? this is a new one to me, anyone else have something like this happen?

thanks guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

rear brake pulls to right 26 Apr 2006 00:58 #42737

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
If your bike has a center stand get the rear wheel off the ground and see if anything is loose. Also look down the chain and check to see if it is straight. Try and move the rear wheel side to side. If there is movement see if it is in the axle area or the swingarm area, Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

rear brake pulls to right 26 Apr 2006 05:38 #42759

• BSKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
sounds like it is out of align, didnt mention if it did anything like this before.
If it has disc brakes on it then you can hold a screw driver to where it just touches the rotor, rotate the wheel, see if the rotor hits and misses
77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

rear brake pulls to right 26 Apr 2006 07:51 #42787

• timber
  • User
i went out and checked the alignment. seemed like it was way off. reset it to the same number of turns on both sides and had the proper amount of slack in the chain.

off for a test ride. i'll tell ya what its doing when i get back.

rear brake pulls to right 26 Apr 2006 08:30 #42803

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
I bought a KZ1000M CSR that did that, every time I stepped on the brake the rear end would step out to the left and the bike would go right. Someone had loosened the rear axle nuts and the axle was moving around.
KD9JUR

rear brake pulls to right 26 Apr 2006 08:47 #42809

• Max2022
  • User
Use an alignment tool, the notches worked great... in the 80's. Right now my alignment is off by a few millimeters, and that pulls the bike a bit to the right if you let go of the handlebars :) Could also be the problem for my juttering front end.. I still think it's the naked tire on there, damn you alignment! You wont get me this time! Not like my truck! :woohoo:

rear brake pulls to right 26 Apr 2006 14:41 #42911

• timber
  • User
i am never going to let someone else work on this again.

ok i fixed the alignment. reset the axle adjusters because the chain was to tight And the rear brake linkage bar, the front bolt was put in wrong! it was hitting the tire! so back to the shop and asked why did they even take that off. so they are going to get me a new tire because i wore a good size groove on the right side of it. but now it runs & stops better.

thanks guys.

rear brake pulls to right 29 Apr 2006 04:38 #43592

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
Glad to hear things are OK. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

rear brake pulls to right 29 Apr 2006 05:43 #43601

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
I do most of my own work but tires are not worth it. I brought my 900 to them to get a set put on. I usually take them off and only take the wheels cause it's cheaper and I trust myself more than them. But this time I got lazy. When I got the bike back I cruised home and didn't notice anything until I took her out again and my speedo wasn't working. When I checked it out I found my cable was stretched out. They must have dropped the front wheel without disconnecting the cable. Only way this could have happened. So I decided to check out the bike top to bottom. I see this chrome rod hanging down from under my sear and freak. After checking I find a 2 foot SK phillips head screwdriver handing in the frame. So I call the shop and ream the forman about the cable. He is all apologetic and offers to replace the cable at no cost. So I tell him of the screwdriver and he says his mech is going crazy looking for that screwdriver. He's going around accusing others of stealing his best driver. Anyway I tell him to keep his cable cause I'm keeping the driver. I hope he told the mech about the driver eventually. But I am through with the shop even tho I made out pretty good that time. Do all the work you can is a good motto. It's your butt out there!

• Page: