Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need some help from you parts junkies 09 Apr 2006 21:28 #38217

• Sputnic81
  • Sputnic81's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I am almost done with my 82 440 LTD. The last thing I need is a front master cylinder. Shoe48 was gracious enough to hook me up at a great price. Unfortunately, the USPS decided that I did not need the part as much as I thought, so they lost it. I am fairly certain that several models used the same (or very similar) cylinders. I think just about any single disc variety will work. I would prefer one with the mechanical bake light switch (as opposed to the in-line pressure operated switch). If anyone has anything that they think would work and would be willing to part with let me know. Thanks everybody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need some help from you parts junkies 09 Apr 2006 21:50 #38222

• KitNYC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I believe I still have one kicking around, drop me a line at kitATkithalsted.com & I'll see if I can dig it up.

Cheers,
-Kit

Need some help from you parts junkies 12 Apr 2006 18:02 #39060

• Sputnic81
  • User
No luck still. Got outbid on ebay, and Kit discovered that his was toast. I already put an ad in the classifieds. Would the master from a dual disc set-up work on a single disc?

Need some help from you parts junkies 12 Apr 2006 21:22 #39125

• wireman
  • Visitor
how about one with a 1/2" piston ,will that work for ya?:whistle:

Need some help from you parts junkies 15 Apr 2006 20:17 #39815

• Sputnic81
  • User
Well, tracking down a good master cylinder that I can afford had proved difficult. My next thought is this: I want to convert to dual discs in the front anyway. What model would I be best off to pull parts from? I no longer have the stock LTD bars, and eventually want to put on some type of drag bar or similar style. And finally, anyone have a lead on where I can get the parts needed to do this?

Need some help from you parts junkies 15 Apr 2006 20:31 #39819

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
I have some left overs from a 550 , a ltd Disc and caliper , But dont have a splitter and the master Cyl.has slid down a road a bit kinda ground up . Still works though ,, The one I sent you was for a dual Brake set up ,, To bad the post office lost it ,, By the way you get your refund check ? If these parts I have will do you any good let ,me know I will work with you ,, Shoeman;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

Need some help from you parts junkies 15 Apr 2006 22:05 #39834

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
Mid 80's - mid 90's ninja600 parts seem to be about worthless judging by ebay prices. Might be your best bet for a nice master and splitter.

Need some help from you parts junkies 15 Apr 2006 22:52 #39841

• Sputnic81
  • User
Got the master and both calipers from a 95 CBR F3 off ebay for 40.99 shipped with insurance. Adapting it to work may be a bit of a trick. I think I will try just using this master with my single caliper for this season. Attempt the dual disc mod with the CBR calipers and adapt CBR rotors sometime in the future. Anyway, this should get me back on the road with a little ingenuity. Thanks for the suggestions and for everyone's help with this.

• Page: