Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wider rims on KZ 1000 Disc hub 21 Oct 2005 18:45 #3328

• CruisingRam
  • CruisingRam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
Looks like Buchanan spokes is discontinueing thier rims for our Zs- anyone know of a different place to get them? I am going to need one pretty soon wide enough for a 160mm tire.
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wider rims on KZ 1000 Disc hub 22 Oct 2005 05:33 #3397

• craigpuckett
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
CR;
the zx6e from about 95' uses a 20mm axle and is 4.5 inches wide,it came with a 160 tire.

unless you have your hart set on spokes that would be an option.

if my calculations are right it will work just fine with a 3/8" offset sprocket.

Wider rims on KZ 1000 Disc hub 22 Oct 2005 15:31 #3473

• CruisingRam
  • CruisingRam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
Actually, with this bike, I do want spokes- I am trying to do a very mild mod on my Z1. Just GS swing arm, fatest tires I can get using stock appearing rims. I want to upgrade very mildly I guess is what I am saying- I hate the rear drum brake, want the KZ1000 rear disc set up on the 75 Z1. I am going to build a custom triple tree capable of accepting 41mm fork tubes, and then make some caliper brackets for dual discs up front, and keep the spacing correct using the stock Rim up front as well. It will make a nice kit for conversion up front for our Zs I think. Everything you need to bolt on ZX forks and use all you can from the Z1- rims, brakes, calipers, mastercylinders, gauges handlebars. So that the only way a person could tell it wasn't stock forks is to be pretty knowledgable about Zs in the first place.

So the Z1 you see in my pics is my test bed for "slight upgrade" new parts. Just enough to make the thing handle more like a modern bike, with a pretty fat tire on the back.

Post edited by: CruisingRam, at: 2005/10/22 18:32
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Wider rims on KZ 1000 Disc hub 17 Nov 2005 21:24 #8756

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i was on their site erlier looking for a 5.5" rim,they sell than one brand of rim for wire wheels.PLEASE put some chrome and a couple of black pieces on that kaw!!

• Page: