Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

center stand 14 Jan 2006 15:21 #17901

• leitrum
  • leitrum's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
what ta bummer,i picked up a center stand for my kz440b std. its used and in great shape, but the stop is on the left of stand. on the kz440b std the exhaust, which is wherre the center stand stop rests against is on the right. want the stand on the bike so i can ajust brakes, change oil, etc. how can i get this center stand to work, guess stand was off a ltd with dual exhaust. help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

center stand 17 Jan 2006 13:01 #18284

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
For racing I took my centerstand off but kept it in tool box. Used a 3/8 ratchet extension to hold it in place while bike in air. Won't help on side of road but it's in your tool box if needed.

center stand 17 Jan 2006 14:28 #18295

• TonyKZ1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, you can make a stop for the centerstand to hit when it comes up and then bolt the stop to the left passenger footpeg. Sorta like what the 2-1 aftermarket exhausts come with. Its basically just an "L" bracket and the centerstand rests against it.
Tony
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Oxford Heaterz heated grips, a Scottoiler system. My Mileage Tracker Page

center stand 17 Jan 2006 19:31 #18351

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 429
Like Tony KZ1 says.
I got a simple L shaped bracket bolted to the passenger footrest and it works just fine as a centre stand stop.
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

• Page: