• Page:

TOPIC:

Chassis strengthening 04 Jan 2006 02:47 #15903

• Jay_G
  • Jay_G's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Gday guys.

I am looking for some info or pictorials on strengthing/bracing the kawasaki twinshock frame, in particular a kz750-p1 shaft drive frame, i had a bit of a look around the old forums and did a search in these ones and didnt come up with much. any help would be appreciated.

i have done this to the frame that i have to mount a manx style seat. should take a bit of weight away too.

Thanks

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chassis strengthening 04 Jan 2006 06:14 #15914

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The bike frame you are messing with was never sold in numbers so there may be no specific kit solutions available but there is one for a Z1. You can look at the drawing in the pic I will attach and see where the kit developer thought to bulk up a Z1 frame. The Z1 frame was probably more flexible than your 750 as they did a bit of gusseting on the KZ900A4 (1976) frame to fix some of the flexing. Concentrate on where they have weld in bits and consider welding in some stock on your bike in those areas if there isn't anything there now... I have a 79 shafty and its frame is gussetted in many of the places recommended for the Z1 in this kit...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/wiredgeorge/frame_drawing.jpg

Post edited by: wiredgeorge, at: 2006/01/04 09:20
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Chassis strengthening 04 Jan 2006 06:28 #15918

• wireman
  • Visitor
kosman sells a kit for the 900-1000 frames can you post a picture of th whole frame so we can get a better picture of how it compares to 900-1000 frame?is the angle iron a mounting point for the seat?i would remove the piece you have holding the frame tubes together and weld a piece of tubing in its place.there is a post somewhere in the chassis section with pictures of a braced Z1 frame check it out,might give you some more ideas.goodluck,happy wrenching!

• Page: