Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Master cylinder replacement 23 Dec 2005 05:37 #14224

• waterman
  • waterman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm looking to replace my front mastercylinder because mine is at a tilt since I change the bars on my bike. I know that some of you replaced yours with newer master cylinders,and from other manufacturers, besides the twin disc issue, is there other issues I should keep in mind? What about the brake light switch?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Master cylinder replacement 23 Dec 2005 06:10 #14230

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Some master cylinders will have a brake light switch built into the M.S. instead of at the splitter down below. You'll just need to wire it upto your wires from the splitter.

Try a search on master cylinders here and in the Archive to see what others have used.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Master cylinder replacement 23 Dec 2005 06:19 #14233

• waterman
  • User
Thanks Rob. I had already done that and found that one member (at least) had used an MC from a ZREX and another had used a Z-11 (with the remote reservoir), however, in looking at these types, they didn
t appear to have wiring for the brakes. So I wanted to get some idea what I would be in for in trying to used one.

Master cylinder replacement 23 Dec 2005 08:49 #14263

• wireguy
  • User
this probably sounds dumb,but cant you just straighten your stock cylinder so its level?im trying to picture what your up a gainst but,im drawing a blank.

Master cylinder replacement 23 Dec 2005 09:00 #14267

• waterman
  • User
Wireguy, if I can, its news to me and quite a few others who have theirs at a tilt also. The clasp that hooks to the bike bars is molded at a slope so that it will hook to LTD bars on a downward slope and that MC will sit level. However, put a pair of superbike bars on and the MC ends up at an angle. Also, right now I have motocross bars on and the MC is pretty cramped, going to superbike bars (on order) will make it even more so. An MC from a ZRX (or Bandit or something)will be alittle more compact because of already having been designed for superbike sized bars.

Master cylinder replacement 23 Dec 2005 14:04 #14300

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
Another situation that keeps it tilted is the raising of thr forks in the triple tree to lower the front end. When you put drag bars on and rotate them downward, the MC hits the fork tube and you can't rotate it to level. I'm thinking about a round one, if I can find one with the outlet facing forward, so it won't hit if I put clip-ons on. It's weird how fast you can run out of space for stuff with certain bars.

Master cylinder replacement 28 Dec 2005 05:49 #14853

• waterman
  • User
Is the ZRX master cylinder actually shorter in length?

Master cylinder replacement 30 Dec 2005 10:49 #15241

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Another front brake handle/lever might incorpoate the brake switch in itself. If not a stategically mounted micro-switch would work.

• Page: