Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help Dyna for KZ750 twin 12 Feb 2024 23:58 #895195

• Wookie58
  • Wookie58's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1788
The rotor doesn't move the weights, they are thrown out by centrifugal force when the motor is spinning. The spring tension controls the speed they move at 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wookie58.

Dyna KZ750 twin 13 Feb 2024 05:52 #895207

• Macils
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
HI. I'm trying to fit a Dyna S 2-2 on a 1976 Kawasaki kz750 B1 and the new black magnet rotor doesn't fit. My original cam rotor on the advance has an internal diameter of 13.5mm and the new magnetic rotor has an internal diameter of 15mm. I know the system is not for this bike but other have fitted it. I don't know if I've received the wrong Dyna kit , perhaps a Dyna S 2-1.  The new rotor also doesn't move the weights on the advance mechanism., but the difference in the slots is minimal. . I know I have to remove one pickup and reposition the other but can't get started.
Attachments:

Dyna KZ750 twin 13 Feb 2024 06:13 #895208

• Wookie58
Please try and keep to "one thread" per topic, you have already had some responses on the other threads and guys will be reluctant to respond if the topic is going off in multiple directions
EDIT: Apologies I just realised the other post was being held waiting your introduction and have moved the response from the other thread 

Help Dyna for KZ750 twin 13 Feb 2024 07:30 #895212

• Macils
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi, when I move the original cam rotor by hand the weights should move . The problem is that the new rotor jams this mechanism . I think I could easily file the slots wider.​​​​​​My main worry is that the new rotor is loose on the advancer shaft , I can get a cocktail stick in there, has anyone else experienced this problem? It seems like an awful lot of play. I've included a photo of the system I'm trying to replicate. 
Attachments:

Help Dyna for KZ750 twin 13 Feb 2024 07:39 #895213

• Wookie58

Hi, when I move the original cam rotor by hand the weights should move . The problem is that the new rotor jams this mechanism . I think I could easily file the slots wider.​​​​​​My main worry is that the new rotor is loose on the advancer shaft , I can get a cocktail stick in there, has anyone else experienced this problem? It seems like an awful lot of play. I've included a photo of the system I'm trying to replicate. 
When you turn the rotor you are activating the advancer manually (rather than centrifugally as is normal) but it's not the rotor moving the weights, if you turned the centre shaft without a rotor on it the weights would still move out. The rotor needs to be both "snug" and "centralized" if not the rotor will impact the pick up and cause damage (it also wouldn't run like this) and the rotor would come off !! Parts like this that spin at up to 7000rpm need to be "right" also need to be the right dimensions to have the correct "air gap" between the rotor and pick-up.
You could potentially sleeve the rotor if it's the right diameter but it would be tricky to make with a 0.8mm wall thickness

• Page: