Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cut away all wiring, what a mess. But please help me now! 19 Feb 2023 00:48 #880418

• RobertvdBerg
  • RobertvdBerg's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So this was the mess before I started cutting:

My plan was to make this in to a classic racer style bike, so wanna get rid of all the switches on the handlebars, and leave out the blinkers. I'm gonna redo the full harnass, but had some questions about the base electrical system.
The starter relais was broken, so already have a new one for that. In the below pics there are two other things, I believe they're called a rectifier and a regulator.

I had the idea one of them, or both were faulty, because the bike had a few batteries destroyed in only 500km. Is there a good replacement for this devices, and is there a way to maybe keep them in original wiring plugs? And how do I install fuses? The previous owner cut away all safety thingies, and used only cable connectors. I'd love to get some normal safety back in.
So far the questions for the main power components.

Next up is the new wiring for the lights etc. I was planning on installing a 5 button bracket inside the bikini top, for lights, start and stop button, and empty out the handlebars. The left buttons are simple to remove, for they are on their own.. Right side is in one piece with the throttle handle, do you guys have a nice replace set fit for the 70's?

Other little question, I have a new Brembo front brake handle, but the clutch is old, is there a same style handle, for the cable controlled clutch?

And very very last, I noticed with stripping the bike, that the rear wheel is off set. That might be the problem for the chain touching the rear tire as well, how do I solve this easy?

Looking forward to all your advice and help!

Thanks in advance, Robert from NL
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RobertvdBerg.

Cut away all wiring, what a mess. But please help me now! 19 Feb 2023 04:24 #880421

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103
z1parts.net has nice handlebar switches if yours are beyond repair.

Cut away all wiring, what a mess. But please help me now! 19 Feb 2023 07:07 #880429

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 276
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

Last edit: by riturbo.
  • Page: