Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

7th Gear Designs 30 Nov 2023 15:06 #892233

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277

Just tried calling. The phone still works. His machine answered but couldnt leave a message as his messages were full. 

Thanks friend. If you want to try it in a few days, I will be grateful.
The full messages isn't a good sign, there will be more people with my situation. Maybe the company has had problems.

Just tried calling again. This time was able to leave a message so definitely a good sign. At least he checks his messages. I left a number hopefully he has time to call me back.  Ill let you know .

Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feanor_twh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7th Gear Designs 30 Nov 2023 16:13 #892236

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
Just talked with Jim. He called me back. Hés going to look into your order and see what happened and get back to me. He seems like a standup guy.Talked to him for almost an hour about bikes and everything else. Just texted him your info . So will let you know as soon as he gets back to me .
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

7th Gear Designs 30 Nov 2023 19:42 #892243

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
Just got his reply here’s a copy of text he sent 

PayPal shows payment for shipping on 7/18/23
I don't have a copy of the international shipping form as I usually hand write them.
Let him know I'll find his shipping info in my email and I'll make good on the kit.

Jim
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

7th Gear Designs 01 Dec 2023 10:34 #892254

• Feanor_twh
  • Feanor_twh's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9

Just got his reply here’s a copy of text he sent 

PayPal shows payment for shipping on 7/18/23
I don't have a copy of the international shipping form as I usually hand write them.
Let him know I'll find his shipping info in my email and I'll make good on the kit.

Jim
I have consulted the PayPal history. The payment I made is on July 14, 2022, for an amount of $305.50 USD, to obtain an ignition kit for a KZ400. In the name of Valeriano Rodriguez Soria (me).

If you have a way to transmit this information to him I will be very grateful.
(1976) Kawasaki KZ400-D3. All original, but: electronic reg/rec (Oregon Motorcycle Parts), new handlebar controls (w/ PASS/HORN/lights switch, LED dash lights (superbrightleds.com), Dynatek coil (3ohm), MAC mufflers, HEL brake hoses, rubber fork boots, 4.00 rear tyre (Dunlop K70), chromed chainguard

7th Gear Designs 02 Dec 2023 08:05 #892282

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
I did contact him again. He said that was who he sent it out to on 7/18/23 . I asked him if he had a routing number and he said he didn't have the number. that the form is all handwritten, and all three copies go with the box.   

That's all the info that I have for now. I'll try and stay on it for you.
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

7th Gear Designs 02 Dec 2023 08:41 #892287

• Feanor_twh
  • User
On July 15, 2023, he asked me for my address again to make the shipment, it was the last communication from him. I wrote to him giving my address (July 16) and then twice (August 23, October 1) asking if something had happened. I did not receive an answer.

I did not receive the package, no notification from the Post Office, customs detention, or anything at all.
(1976) Kawasaki KZ400-D3. All original, but: electronic reg/rec (Oregon Motorcycle Parts), new handlebar controls (w/ PASS/HORN/lights switch, LED dash lights (superbrightleds.com), Dynatek coil (3ohm), MAC mufflers, HEL brake hoses, rubber fork boots, 4.00 rear tyre (Dunlop K70), chromed chainguard

7th Gear Designs 08 Dec 2023 05:29 #892456

• Feanor_twh
  • User

I did contact him again. He said that was who he sent it out to on 7/18/23 . I asked him if he had a routing number and he said he didn't have the number. that the form is all handwritten, and all three copies go with the box.   

That's all the info that I have for now. I'll try and stay on it for you.
Well, I would ask that, if you can, ask him if he is going to resend the kit to me, if he is going to refund my money or if he is going to do nothing. To know how the situation is and forget about this matter.
After two years, I'm already tired.

I thank you in advance for your time.

Last edit: by Feanor_twh.

7th Gear Designs 09 Dec 2023 02:35 #892476

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
It may be a little late at this point since you have already paid and are waiting for your parts, but 7th gear designs is simply a reseller for Powerarc - rebranded under their name. I bought a 7th gear designs ignition years ago only to see the Powerarc name written on the ignition plate. Ive also bought the same ignition system when it was sold by C5 ignitions. Ive never dealt with Powerarc directly, but it may be an option if you are dead set on getting this ignition.

I will say that this ignition system really wakes up the 750 twin, probably the same for the 400/440. A lot more advance at idle and at full advance than stock.

www.powerarc.com/

Last edit: by DoctoRot.

7th Gear Designs 11 Dec 2023 12:36 #892608

• Feanor_twh
  • User

It may be a little late at this point since you have already paid and are waiting for your parts, but 7th gear designs is simply a reseller for Powerarc - rebranded under their name. I bought a 7th gear designs ignition years ago only to see the Powerarc name written on the ignition plate. Ive also bought the same ignition system when it was sold by C5 ignitions. Ive never dealt with Powerarc directly, but it may be an option if you are dead set on getting this ignition.

I will say that this ignition system really wakes up the 750 twin, probably the same for the 400/440. A lot more advance at idle and at full advance than stock.

www.powerarc.com/

That's right, first I have to see how things end with 7th Gear Designs.

I had heard about PowerArc, perhaps this company provides the ignition but not the specific assembly for a KZ400, perhaps they do not program the specific advance curve either.

I'm also looking at the C5 Ignitions reference, but I still hope I don't have to pay twice for an electronic ignition.

7th Gear Designs 16 Dec 2023 12:18 #892792

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
Latest info sent him this text this am.

Hi Jim. Just checking with you to see if there's any way you can check on the shipping on that part you sent 

There is still chatter about this on the kzr site so was hoping you could get some info on what actually happened to his shipment.   Would love to see this come to a happy ending as people from all over the world frequent. This site.  Maybe go there and have a look on the site.  I don't think you need to be a member to see threads.    The name on the thread is.   7th Gear Designs    So you might want to try and get it resolved if possible as it would be better for your business as it's out there for the whole Kz world to see 

Have a great day 
Derrek

his reply 

Hey Derrek I have the coil and wires, waiting on the controller..I'll have a look.

Jims working on it.
Thats it for now I’ll let you know as soon as I hear anything. 

have a great day 

Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

Last edit: by riturbo.

7th Gear Designs 17 Dec 2023 07:31 #892817

• Feanor_twh
  • User

Jims working on it.
Thats it for now I’ll let you know as soon as I hear anything. 

have a great day 

Thank you. I still don't know why he doesn't communicate directly with me via email. My level of English allows me to write without problems.

But I'll wait and that's it.

7th Gear Designs 03 Feb 2024 05:31 #894773

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
Just got a text message from Jim last night . Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

I'll finally be getting the controller next week. Just talked to the developer,he's programming a batch for me today.

that’s all for now 
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk