Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Speedo Cable KZ1000 26 Jun 2006 16:05 #57330

• RonnyP
  • RonnyP's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am trying to locate a speedometer cable for my '77 KZ1000 LTD clone. Owned since new. I have the dual disc front end and the origional KZ1000A cable is about 3" to short. I do not see any of the suppliers listing a cable for this setup. I'm to old for speeding tickets, and the ride has well over 90k on it!

Thanks in advance for any input.

Ronny P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speedo Cable KZ1000 27 Jun 2006 07:36 #57475

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Ronny P, send a note to www.z1enterprises.com and tell them what you are looking for. I have low bars and just tell Jeff, give me a such and such cable only a couple inches shorter and he looks around to find one in his stock that fits the bill. If that doesn't work out, go to the Motion Pro (www.motionpro.com) web site and call their "custom cable" number. They can make one to your needs. Also... JC Whitney used to sell a speedometer cable making kit. You bought the kit which contained a long piece of square wire for the cable then cut it to length with the shield and then crimped on the ends. I can't vouch for how well it worked but a speedo cable wouldn't be that difficult I think to fab if you had the right parts. Sorry I can't give you a part number but if you called them, the operator might be able to look it up based on the description.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: