Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Whats this OTHER fusebox for? 13 Jun 2006 12:10 #54244

• cussword
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I've got those same fuses on my '82 Spectre, I'm kinda curious about that as well...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Whats this OTHER fusebox for? 13 Jun 2006 12:26 #54248

• lifeliberty
  • User
they are there in case you decide to add any auxillary electrical connections. I'm not sure about that splice though, check your wiring diagram for the correct connection

Post edited by: lifeliberty, at: 2006/06/13 15:29

Whats this OTHER fusebox for? 13 Jun 2006 12:58 #54259

• Werewolfx
  • Werewolfx's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
I just traced the wire to the headlight bucket, where it dead ends at a factory double connection. I disconnected the hot side of the fuse, and left it intact, but I'm going to solder and shrink wrap that splice. It looks like it was maybe a dealer installed option, and there are no other wires around it to connect it to. Factory option for auxillary electrical connections makes sense, with there being a live double connection left open at the side cover and in the headlight bucket.

Post edited by: Werewolfx, at: 2006/06/13 15:59
Chris

Whats this OTHER fusebox for? 13 Jun 2006 14:54 #54287

• DawnKZ750
  • User
I have the exact same thing on my 1982 KZ750. I have the same white wire with the double connector at the end. I looked everywhere for somewhere to connect that thing to. I'm curious as to what it's for also. (wish it was a flux capacitator). If you ever solve the mystery please let me know. :S
1982 KZ750-E
MASSACHUSETTS

Whats this OTHER fusebox for? 13 Jun 2006 16:19 #54305

• Sputnic81
  • User
I wish I could add some sort of meaningful information to this post. Alas, I don't. I do however have the same set up on my 82 440 LTD. If anyone figures out what they are add me to the list of people that want to know.

Whats this OTHER fusebox for? 13 Jun 2006 20:39 #54370

• Werewolfx
  • User
They're for adding more electrical..stuff..as an option later on, as Lifeliberty said. There should be a white wire with black stripe with a double end at the fuse box thats left with nothing connecting to it, and a white wire with blue stripe that leads to the headlight bucket and has a double end inside there and is left disconnected. I soldered the splice and shrink wrapped it, and left it disconnected for now. I may use it for the supply for my grip heaters when I get around to getting some,assuming the wire is heavy enough, or I might build a 12v socket mount for the handlebars or around the fuse box, just in case.
Chris

Whats this OTHER fusebox for? 19 Jun 2006 22:52 #55647

• EddieBoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
i recently re-wired my 78 kz1000 police and it has the same setup. one wire fed under the seat to the right side cover to what appeared to be a mini rectifier. that in turn went to the police lighting,radios etc...the other went to nothing in the headlight bucket. both had 30 amp fuses though. I trashed all that stuff of coarse and connected a 12v cigerette lighter socket to it,...also added a plug to a lil battery charger so i can plug it in to keep the battery fresh (hard to start sometimes when its cold and short rides wreak havoc on my battery). makes it easy to light a smoke at the redlight too. the extra wiring isnt in any of the schematics i have..kz1000 or kz650.

Whats this OTHER fusebox for? 20 Jun 2006 02:16 #55651

• Werewolfx
  • User
Cop bikes are wired a *tiny* bit different
Chris

• Page: