Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CHARGING AND SPARK ISSUE 26 Apr 2006 12:23 #42868

• streetfighterkid1
  • streetfighterkid1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
ok i have a 1982 j motor that is boiling the batt and puking acid all over my nice polished swingarm its charging at 14.7 max but like 14.3 idle ive read the other posts and people say thats ok so why is my batt boiling?
2nd prob my bike is dropping spark randomly from 2 cyl after warm up and will run on 2 cyl then after a min or so the other 2 will drop off and not run then let it sit for a min and its on 4 again then repeat process again

help i want to ride

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CHARGING AND SPARK ISSUE 26 Apr 2006 12:34 #42873

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
The charging problem is probably due to a surge in charging your just not catching at the right time.

The other issue sounds like a job for loudhvx, he would be my call to get the answer on the rotating. Both problems probably have one root cause and are related especially if this is something new on both issues.
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

CHARGING AND SPARK ISSUE 26 Apr 2006 12:55 #42878

• streetfighterkid1
  • streetfighterkid1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
THE OVERCHArging seems to be on going but the spark is brand new just started fri

CHARGING AND SPARK ISSUE 27 Apr 2006 06:37 #43113

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
If it were my bike, I would check the voltage with the rpm up; say at 4K rpm. I suspect the voltage will be over 15VDC. I also suspect you will need to replace the reg/rec ASAP... as far as your not firing on two cylinders at times, that can be LOTS of issues. Your bike has pickup coils, an ignitor and ignition coils. Do you have a manual for testing all of them? In addition, the plug wires may be poorly contacted in the coils or just bad or your plugs can be fouled for some reason other than electrical... possibly carbs or valve clearances. Just too little info to tell. It would help to know WHICH cylinder don't fire as they are going out in pairs.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: