Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Back to the Drawing Board 24 Mar 2006 18:49 #34084

• Sputnic81
  • Sputnic81's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, after taking a few weeks off, I was finally able to track down the short in the electrical system. Pulled the old bridge the fuse block and look for the smoke trick.

With that taken care of- I added fresh gas and fired it up. NO SPARK!!! I haven't put any effort into diagnosing it yet, so hopefully it will just be a corroded connector or something simple. I'll give updates as I have them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Back to the Drawing Board 24 Mar 2006 19:18 #34090

• Sputnic81
  • User
THANK GOD FOR SIMPLE FIXES!!!!!

Put the kids to bed and went out in the garage. Pulled the tank off and started checking connectors. Found the one of the coil wires had come loose. In short--IT FINALLY RUNS AGAIN.

Back to the Drawing Board 25 Mar 2006 03:59 #34145

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
Great. It's time to ride. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

Back to the Drawing Board 25 Mar 2006 17:00 #34267

• Sputnic81
  • User
Damn right it's time to ride. I took it up to the top of my cul-de-sac this afternoon. Feels good to be back on the road. Still need front master cylinder (Should be here in a day or two) so only got into second gear. That first kick into gear was a little nerve rattling knowing that I rebuilt the engine and trans myself. Apparently I didn't totally screw it up though. I will get some pictures up tomorrow. unfortunately I took so long rebuilding that I am going to have to re-polish a lot of things especially the engine block and head. Winter project. Thanks for all the help.

• Page: