Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wiring Harness ? 16 Mar 2006 10:53 #31712

• peachc
  • peachc's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am beginning to realize that I am uncertain about where the wiring harness goes back onto the bike, I think the beer took advantage of me when I was taking it apart:whistle: Does anyone have pictures or the general idea where I need to feed this back through and which sides go where? Any help will be awesome!:P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiring Harness ? 16 Mar 2006 11:14 #31718

• oldcuda68
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Welcome to the club!!!:)

I am in the same situation, only mine was mostly apart when I got the bike. I have been looking at pictues online and in my manuals, but I haven't found what I need either. I am going to watch this post with you.

Mark
1980 KZ750 LTD
1984 Honda GL1200 Interstate
Too many other toys to mention

Wiring Harness ? 16 Mar 2006 11:21 #31722

• peachc
  • User
I'm glad that I'm not the only one then;) I just am baffled at where this stuff goes, if other people have true picture of where this thing goes, you'll be helping out two KZer's.:woohoo:

Wiring Harness ? 16 Mar 2006 11:31 #31724

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Yeah, blame the beer!:whistle: I didn't pull off the entire harness, but got screwed up just with the gob of electronics under the side covers. I took my time and tried to let the wires show me how they wanted to go, if you know what I mean... The critical things would be that no wires would be in a position to be pulled, strained, pinched or otherwise injured. My 750 isnt here right now so I'm not much help, but the best bet might be a phone call with someone who could walk you right through the bike, stem to stern so to speak; or a video email sweeping up and down the harness. How close can you get your computer to the bike?? Good Luck!:)

Wiring Harness ? 16 Mar 2006 12:50 #31734

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Dont know if they the same or not, but I can shoot pics of mine (77 KZ1000A) and post. Harnes never been out (far as I know), and the bodywork is off anyways....
Like I said....dunno if that'll help ya:unsure:
Send me a PM or just post when ya can.....

Post edited by: indykaw77, at: 2006/03/16 15:51
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

Wiring Harness ? 16 Mar 2006 14:43 #31756

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Lay the harness on top of the bike along the main tube and all the way back to the tail, after you have everything else electrical mounted. Then you can just match up plugs and take the parts off as needed to run the wiring. You already know the big thick part of the harness is tied to the main tube, so start there :)

As far as the 80 KZ750T goes, I can help out more with that one, but it will probably be next week before I can take any pics.
KD9JUR

Wiring Harness ? 16 Mar 2006 15:08 #31763

• peachc
  • User
I got the part which it goes too, it is the feeding/tieing it down parts unsure of. I have the harness run through the left side to the light and it going into the fram between the coils, but I dont remember where I have feed it back towards the airbox/to where it friggin goes:blink:

Wiring Harness ? 17 Mar 2006 20:44 #32105

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
Probably not much help here, but mine is running along the top tube toward the airbox. Then it drops down to below the battery where it gets the reg/rec. I hope this helps but mine has been out and I was confused about how it ran also, and it still needs work.

Do you have a diagram for the bike? Check the filebase or PM me I think I have one on my computer.

Post edited by: danoz7five0, at: 2006/03/17 23:45

• Page: