Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

waiting on key 23 Feb 2006 15:59 #25961

• leitrum
  • leitrum's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
jus picked up a 82' honda cb750, last owner having trouble finding key. any way to crank this bike over with out key to make sure engine isn't seized, not that it matters already have it home. wanted to start tinkering though, have the bike two weeks still no key. will prob yank ignition and drag down to key maker this weekend, meantime any help would be great. also does anyone know of site like this one for cb750. thx tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

waiting on key 23 Feb 2006 18:31 #25996

• wireman
  • Visitor
if the battery is good jump across the starter solenoid or just kick it,but make sure its in neutral:whistle: goodluck,happy wrenching!

waiting on key 23 Feb 2006 20:26 #26027

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
you can also take the key switch off and seperate it from the actual switch, then use a screwdriver to turn the switch to power.

waiting on key 24 Feb 2006 13:47 #26149

• patmann
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I think this goes to show that some of our members have a "miss spent youth" :whistle:
Remind me to not have you guys around my bike;)
1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

waiting on key 24 Feb 2006 16:44 #26187

• wireman
  • Visitor
damn the public school system!:whistle: i put kill swiches in differant places on my bikes to slow em down.;)

waiting on key 25 Feb 2006 18:09 #26444

• leitrum
  • leitrum's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
guys. thxso much for all the help, yanked the ignition today. first i went to local lock smith no luck matching up so i trucked down to the honda dealer. seems ignition had been switched out at some point, thats why locksmith couldn't match up. part ended up being after market. so i picked up new one for ten bucks less than locksmith wanted to cut another one if he could figure out a match, and that was from the dealer. wow who would have thought. thx again tim

• Page: