Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

battery help from 79 ltd guys again 05 Jan 2006 18:23 #16207

• hydrolazer
  • hydrolazer's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
how do you guys get to the battery? through the left/right sidecover or from under the seat..its a new battery in there but i would like to check it every now and then...also thanks for the engine oil help..im sure to have more questions soon as im still learning the bike,,,tia
\'79 kaw 1000 ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

battery help from 79 ltd guys again 05 Jan 2006 18:31 #16210

• wireman
  • Visitor
under the seat,if you have stock airbox you might have to remove it first,goodluck,happy wrenching!

battery help from 79 ltd guys again 06 Jan 2006 06:56 #16297

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
hydrolazer, Please put your bike year and model as well as your location in your signature. It helps on these type questions... I know you put the info in your subject but as a moderator, I try encouraging use of the signature in tech posts... go to my profile then you will see a link for preferences.

As to how to remove your battery, I suspect it will lift out from the top on the an LTD model as there is a rear master cylinder in the way of sliding it out from the side. If you enjoy checking things yourself, you had best pick up a Clymers or Factory Service Manual. Good luck!
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

battery help from 79 ltd guys again 06 Jan 2006 07:50 #16307

• hydrolazer
  • hydrolazer's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
sorry wg, im still new at this posting thing but i hope to have it all figured out really soon.i looked in my clymer on battery removal and about all it said was to remove the battery to service it. getting it out was up to me to figure that part out i guess. this is really a great place to ask questions so i figured the best thing to do was ask an owner how he did it,,much easier,,,with regards,,hydrolazer
\'79 kaw 1000 ltd

battery help from 79 ltd guys again 06 Jan 2006 10:24 #16333

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
There should be two bolts that can be removed with a 10mm wrench. They hold a piece of angled metal that in turn holds the battery in place.It's in front of the battery. If you loosen them you might swing the bracket out of the way to lift the battery out. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

battery help from 79 ltd guys again 06 Jan 2006 12:16 #16358

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
If I can't get my best buddy Roy to use a signature how can I expect newcomers to? Bwhahahaha Up on the top of the page, click on the my profile link (it is blue). Then go to preferences and I think you can just type in a signature.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: