Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need some help.. 04 Sep 2006 09:06 #74402

• spdrcr99ta
  • spdrcr99ta's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I've got a manual ordered, but it won't be here for a couple more days. I just got a 78 KZ1000 A2 with 5,200 original miles on it!!! It is in amazing condition.

Anyways, this is my first bike, I just rebuilt the carbs. But there are 3 different types of lines coming off the carbs. What are they?

First type of lines is a pair of black lines, they look like they come from the tank valve (they are bent and cut to go right to the valve) They connect to the carbs via a small T between 1-2 and 3-4.

Second type of lines are 4 lines thay come off each carb and seem like vaccuum lines. They connect to the runners going into the engine??

Last type, I have no idea what they are. There are 3 fittings coming off the middle area of the carb. No clue what they are.

I am new to carbs. Please give some advice or pictures. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need some help.. 04 Sep 2006 09:16 #74403

• vegasjetskier
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
spdrcr99ta wrote:

I've got a manual ordered, but it won't be here for a couple more days. I just got a 78 KZ1000 A2 with 5,200 original miles on it!!! It is in amazing condition.

Anyways, this is my first bike, I just rebuilt the carbs. But there are 3 different types of lines coming off the carbs. What are they?

First type of lines is a pair of black lines, they look like they come from the tank valve (they are bent and cut to go right to the valve) They connect to the carbs via a small T between 1-2 and 3-4.

FUEL LINES. CONNECT THEM TO THE TANK VALVE.

Second type of lines are 4 lines thay come off each carb and seem like vaccuum lines. They connect to the runners going into the engine??

DO THEY COME OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE FLOAT BOWLS? IF SO, THEY ARE OVERFLOW LINES. ROUTE THEM THROUGH THE GROMMET ON THE FRAME BY THE AIRBOX AND DOWN PAST THE SWINGARM.

Last type, I have no idea what they are. There are 3 fittings coming off the middle area of the carb. No clue what they are.

PROBABLY VENT LINES FOR THE FLOATBOWLS. SHOULD GO UP PAST THE AIRCLEANER AND NEXT TO THE BATTERY UNDER THE SEAT. MY BIKE ONLY HAS 2 OF THESE, THOUGH. NOT SURE WHY YOU WOULD HAVE 3. CAN YOU POST PICS?

I am new to carbs. Please give some advice or pictures. Thanks.

. 04 Sep 2006 09:26 #74407

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
del

Last edit: by JMKZHI.

Need some help.. 04 Sep 2006 10:20 #74413

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

• Page: