• Page:

TOPIC:

Fuel level sender cover 29 Jan 2024 01:56 #894568

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Aloha guys. I'm not sure if this topic belongs here. But I figure this is related to fuel to a certain point, so decided to post it here. If not, please move it to wherever it's appropriate. Anyway, here it goes.

I remember seen it somewhere on my bookmark, but for the life of me, I can't seems to find the site that sell fuel level sender cover. I know I've seen it somewhere, but just can't find it. Don't you hate getting old?

Anyway, if anyone knows where I can find them please let me know. I'm changing the gauges on my KZ, so don't need the fuel level sender any more. So I just want to cover it, for now. Maybe later down the line, I may bring it back, so I'm keeping the sender itself and I don't want to butcher it.
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel level sender cover 29 Jan 2024 02:27 #894569

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1808
can you not use the gasket as a template and cut a blanking plate from from sheet metal (3mm steel should be stiff enough not to distort and leak)
The following user(s) said Thank You: howardhb

Fuel level sender cover 31 Jan 2024 00:21 #894658

• Ojisan rider
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
Thanks Wookie. I was thinking about that as well, but I swear I saw one somewhere for sale. Look nice and thick enough (if I'm not mistaken, it was made from cast aluminum) for the use, and I wanted to see how much it is. I'm still searching but if I can't find it, I probably go that route of making my own.

I hate getting old.................
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Fuel level sender cover 31 Jan 2024 07:28 #894673

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1624
Here's a topic with a block-off plate by old_kaw that was used for cleaning out a tank. 

google search = site:kzrider.com fuel sender cover

www.kzrider.com/forum/6-paint-a-bodywork...tank-sealer?start=12

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Fuel level sender cover 02 Feb 2024 23:06 #894768

• Ojisan rider
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
Thanks martin. Yeah, I found lotta topic in here about the block off plate, but I swear I saved or at least saw one site with block off plate for sale. It could be at evilbay, but for life of me, I can't find the info I saved.

Oh well. As soon as I get my daily stuff all organized, I guess my next project will be the making of block off plate.

In any case, thanks again.

• Page: