Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Silly carb question kz750 14 Oct 2022 02:29 #875526

• Sardonicus
  • Sardonicus's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
So I've got this 750 twin that I've been fiddling with forever and a few years back I replaced the carbs with vm34 carbs prejetted for this engine. It hasnt been all kittens and moonbeams after that but it did start working better. Farm life got busy and the bikes been on the back burner for awhile and I noticed that the slides seem stuck. I can make them move with enough effort but I dont think its meant to be that way so I am curious if these slides are meant to be lubricated in some way as  a matter of regular maintenance or if theres something just not set right maybe that could be causing the slides to stick. 
1976 KZ750 B1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Silly carb question kz750 14 Oct 2022 04:22 #875527

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2671
No on lubrication of slides.

Cables hanging up is very possible.  Also, vacuum leaks causing a high and erratic idle can give the false impression of sticking slides.

Silly carb question kz750 14 Oct 2022 04:43 #875528

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 655
If they feel sticky from non use spray some carb cleaner into the throat. The ethanol shit in fuel gets everywhere and turns into a varnish glue if left to dry out. 

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Silly carb question kz750 14 Oct 2022 08:31 #875531

• Sardonicus
  • Sardonicus's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Thank you for the replies. Definitely not a vacuum leak since this is an issue when its not running. Its probably been sitting without any attention for about a year now so old fuel gumming stuff up is absolutely possible. I plan to clean stuff up before I start projecting on it again so hopefully that sorts it out. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt overlooking a lube point. Seems like every time I want to work on this I either have spark problems or carb problems. Last time i sorted out the spark issue one of the carbs decided to start puking gas out the overflow. 

Fun times lol. 

I am hopeful however to have it at least in test ridable condition before winters end. 
1976 KZ750 B1

• Page: