Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

82 750 LTD carbs. 14 May 2021 16:24 #848450

• BobZ
  • BobZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 11
I got the carbs off my project bike....in the process of dismantling them for cleaning.  The bike has a 4 to 1 header and pod filters.  I have the stock exhaust and airbox which I will be reinstalling.  What are the stock jet sizes?  The two I removed so far are 62  and 136.  There's another under the plastic plug, correct?   Also, I'm removing the air suction crap...already read up on that one.  What are all the hose connections on the airbox?  There's a hose connection (breather?) on the engine under the carbs....it's blocked off now.  Should that connect to the air box?  And then there's the paint. Somebody painted the carbs red.  I'm going to do my best to clean them up but I'm sure I won't be able to get rid of all of it.   Thanks in advance....I'll be starting a thread in the Projects forum as soon as I get a little farther along.       
bob
Had I known I'd live this long I'd have taken better care of my Led Zeppelin albums

1983 Goldwing Interstate
1982 KZ750 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

82 750 LTD carbs. 14 May 2021 17:24 #848452

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2677
Hi BobZ,

Here is the factory service manual for your bike...www.kzrider.com/modules/ServiceManuals/GPz750.pdf

As far as I know the stock jetting for your bike is the same as the early 750E and H bikes.  Info contained in the manual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BobZ

82 750 LTD carbs. 15 May 2021 07:14 #848466

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
There should be a small plastic nipple at the bottom of the airbox plus another hole right next to it >> the small nipple should have tubing connected to it & routed towards the ground.  The other hole is also open to atmosphere but there's no tubing.  Both are for allowing the airbox to drain. Note:  the air filter holder at the bottom of the airbox should have a foam gasket where it plugs into the airbox >> I think it serves as a filter.  old foam can disintegrate.  

There's a crankcase breather hose that should be connected to the lower/front of the airbox directly below the airbox duct ports >> this setup burns engine fumes. Don't block the breather. 

The Kawasaki clean air system connects to the top/front of the airbox >> when removing the CAS, you'll need to plug that orifice.  There should also be two vacuum lines from the carburetors to the CAS >> the carburetor vac ports should be plugged/capped. use good rubber automotive/motorcycle vacuum caps.  I think Z1Enterprises sells them.

Some 750-4 airboxes have two additional orifices on the bottom of the airbox, usually oblong in shape >> these should have grommets in them & I think the carburetor overflow tubing is routed to those grommets which have 2 small holes.  Your 82 model may not have this setup.  If you have these oblong orifices, I guess you could route the overflow tubing towards the ground, then plug those oblong holes.  

Last edit: by martin_csr.

82 750 LTD carbs. 15 May 2021 12:30 #848494

• BobZ
  • BobZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 11
I see there are supposed to be plugs over the pilot screws.....they're missing on my carbs.  Are they really necessary?
Had I known I'd live this long I'd have taken better care of my Led Zeppelin albums

1983 Goldwing Interstate
1982 KZ750 LTD

82 750 LTD carbs. 15 May 2021 12:53 #848496

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 429
Absolutely and totally necessary !!

bike will run like crap without them if it runs at all.

pilot jet gets its feed from a small bleed off one of the mains.

those caps are NLA so check ebay as they occasionally come up. Search here. I believe one member posted a DIY.

good luck

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Last edit: by JR.

82 750 LTD carbs. 15 May 2021 13:08 #848498

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2677

Caps are not needed over the pilot screws, but they are needed over the pilot jets.  Putting some grease over the pilot screws is a hedge against water collecting there.  The passage has a drain hole but still...

Last edit: by Nessism.
  • Page: