Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

overflow tubes 03 May 2006 12:16 #44838

• timber
  • timber's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i think i have some stuck floats. i have fuel dumping out the overflow tubes #2 is the worse. Why? all i did was pull the tank off to paint. stick it back on, added fuel and now its dumping out all over.:angry:

i hate it when everything was working fine and then for no reason its not.

well time to dig into the carbs. wish me luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

overflow tubes 03 May 2006 18:01 #44904

• timber
  • User
i have been diggin in the factory manual and doing some reading before i dive into my carbs. could i have just knocked some crub loose and would just need to flush out the carbs? and clean them? i know i cant be that lucky but i thought i'd ask.

overflow tubes 04 May 2006 07:51 #45022

• MattBlack
  • User
Yeah, sounds to me like something may have come out of the tank when you were painting it. Do you run an inline fuel filter? If so, then it could just be a coincedence that one of your carbs got choked by something else.

overflow tubes 04 May 2006 10:14 #45051

• gas
  • User
Clean and inspect everything on the carbs, replace all rubber "O" rings, you'll likely need some or all new float valves (they wear on the tips). Blow all internal passages out with compressed air if you can. Adjust the float level with the wet method. Bench synch. the carbs. Mount them, then do a fine synchronization. Don't be intimidated. Just take this stuff one process at a time. I am no carb wiz, or mechanic, but I have been in my carbs multiple times and haven't buggered anything yet. Clean the entire rack, then diassemble and lay it out like an exploded diagram somewere. Get your manual or exploded carb pics on this site, in the file section under 77 kz650, it's all in there. Do one carb at a time so parts aren't mixed up. You'll do yourself a favour down the line if you replace the screws off the carbs with stainless Allen heads, they don't strip out in the head and are faster to work with. Look, even a no experience doink like myself can do this stuff, so anyone can with preparation, information and patience. Colonel Jeff Saunders at Z1Enterprises will have everything that you need to replace, if anything needs replacing, for your carbs.

Post edited by: gas, at: 2006/05/04 13:17

overflow tubes 04 May 2006 11:48 #45075

• timber
  • User
MY NAME IS MUD

so i got home last night. grabbed a beer and looked at it for about two seconds. i noticed i put the fuel line on some other barb!! i dont even know what its for but boy oh boy it sure wasnt the right one. i put it on the right one and bang! it started and ran just like it did before.:blush:

so i was feeling already to dig into the carbs last night so i did. gave them a good cleaning and checked and made sure everything was set right.

at least i can laugh at myself:woohoo: cuz i can only blame me.

overflow tubes 05 May 2006 07:29 #45249

• rammy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
timber wrote:

MY NAME IS MUD

so i got home last night. grabbed a beer and looked at it for about two seconds. i noticed i put the fuel line on some other barb!! i dont even know what its for but boy oh boy it sure wasnt the right one. :blush:

at least i can laugh at myself:woohoo: cuz i can only blame me.

I hate when that liquid wrenching has that effect on a project:P :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :whistle:
The barn yard;77 Kz650B-1 Kaw(the fun one) & 89 classic hog.
Chicago area-south burbs

overflow tubes 06 May 2006 16:40 #45555

• supablake
  • User
So far I have ..

Forgotten to screw in my pilot jets,
Forgotten to attach the vaccume line to the petcock
Forgotten to put the bowl drain screws back in.

"Heavy drug use in the teen years may lead to Drain Bammage in later life"
Blake

• Page: