Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best carb rebuild kits for 1983 KZ650? Dmged carb body 19 Apr 2006 17:32 #40918

• newbikekiller
  • newbikekiller's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys, I'm gonna be rebuilding my carbs (they need it, trust me!) because every single seal in the carbs are shot to snot. BS32's. This motor is going in a go kart!

I think my jets are fine (they are just metal, so what could happen to them right?) but what is the best rebuild kit I can get for these suckers?

I know some of the kits come with poorly designed jets, which doesn't bother me considering I think I can reuse most of the jets and I need a size up mains neway.

ONE MORE THING!
One of the carb bodies is broken right near the chrome top cap, it was JB welded but fell apart in the cleaning process, do you guys think JB weld is a good repair or how about sealant or how about both??
Or do I really just need to get a set of parts BS32's?

What ch'all think?

Peter

Post edited by: newbikekiller, at: 2006/04/19 20:32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best carb rebuild kits for 1983 KZ650? Dmged carb body 19 Apr 2006 18:31 #40948

• newbikekiller
  • newbikekiller's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Another quick question:

I see that there are "caps" over the pilot jet, how bad is it if those seals don't work well? Are the caps held in by the float bowls (There seems to be a "bump" in the float bowl right where those caps are, but I don't know if they are keeping the caps in or what!)

A full cleaning of the carbs yielded an even bigger mess for me and a bike that doesn't want to run anymore!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: