Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Parts for 76 Carbs--And a polish 05 Apr 2006 14:03 #36968

• DPH900
  • DPH900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have pulled my carbs, cleaned and overhauled.

Two Questions:

First: One of my carbs is getting hung up at where the swing arm socket lifts the needle. Once I pulled it--everything moves freely. Everytime I clean and replace--still the same problem. Look like I need to replace. Where can I get these individual part.

Second: I want to replace the original top covers with polished or crome covers. Can I polish my originals--or do I have to buy. Same with the float covers--can I polish, or do I buy.

We are making progress...:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Parts for 76 Carbs--And a polish 05 Apr 2006 14:13 #36970

• mysticwolf
  • User
Cant help you on #1, but as far as #2, yes you can polish them, I use what is called semi chrome ploish, in my opinion, its better than mothers. comes in a yellow and marron tube. The only place I can find it is at a cycle shop, atleast around here. OR.... yes you can chrome them also.some of the other guys here might jump in on this, they have some great tips on polishing

Parts for 76 Carbs--And a polish 05 Apr 2006 14:39 #36981

• wireman
  • Visitor
id take a block sander to them first my self.start with 220,320...... on down the line till they are nice and smooth than polish them,you might have to use the sandpaper without the block on some of the edges.after you polish them you might want to coat them with clear.;) goodluck,happy wrenching!

Parts for 76 Carbs--And a polish 07 Apr 2006 08:20 #37555

• MattBlack
  • User
I'm in the process of polishing everything that isnt black or plastic or already chromed on my 650, so I know it can be done. Some parts take a lot more work than others. I wet sand everything and move from a 400 to 2000 before I use any polish as a finish.

Parts for 76 Carbs--And a polish 07 Apr 2006 12:13 #37600

• DPH900
  • DPH900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
These are great ideas. I have already started with some great luck. I have focused primarily on the Top covers, and the float covers-

I didn't know you could plolish the throats--that would look great--but a lot of work.

Thanks-some of you guys are posting maniacs--its awesome!

:laugh:

• Page: