Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

miss 03 Apr 2006 12:26 #36455

• robhavens
  • robhavens's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
OK. Do we think this is a carb problem or would electronic ignition solve this. At 4000 or higher rpm if i twist the trottle all the way the bike starts to accellerate then for a split second die out then accellerate as it is supposed to. I know that an electronic ignition will help the overall running of the bike but i am wondering about the carbs. It hasn't been ridden a whole lot this winter so I am wondering if the carbs have gummed up. I have probably put 500 miles on it since 1st of the year. This is for a 1978 KZ650B.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

miss 03 Apr 2006 19:42 #36551

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Rob, Put your bike model and year and your location in your signature. That will help with follow ups!

Next, the problem you are having... did it occur before parking the bike? I noticed no one had responded and probably because the problem could be in a zillion different areas.

I would start with some maintenance stuff (older bike style)

1. clean/lube mechanical advance
2. check voltage going to coils (at coils)
3. is this a points/condensor bike? If so, replace them as part of a tune up that includes: valve adjust, cam chain adjust, ignition timing adjust and carb sync with tune of idle mixture
4. ever replace spark plugs, wires and caps?

I would do these things and would guess that the problem goes away... if it doesn't you have a basis for troubleshooting the problem.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

miss 05 Apr 2006 07:38 #36886

• robhavens
  • robhavens's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
thank you very much.

• Page: