Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wiredgeorge jet question. 03 Mar 2006 10:47 #27872

• Tower_Monkey1
  • Tower_Monkey1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Wiredgeorge, are the jets from a VM26SS the same thread and head size as the jets for a VM24SS ? Savedrider has a set of 105 main jets from a set of VM26SS mikuni carbs and I was wondering if they will fit my VM24SS carbs ? After all the work ive done to my bike, when I hit 3/4 to full throttle, the bike boggs a little . The plugs are clean and burning white to a light tan color. Plugs are B8ES , jets 102.5 , needle is in the next to bottom notch. Timing and carb synch is spot on, bike starts great,turn petcock to PRI, pull choke on , hit starter button and it fires right up. Im just getting the bogg at 3/4 to full throttle. Do I need the 105 jets and or move the needle up one notch or both ? Thanks for any and all your expert advise , Wayne
78 KZ650C2 Dyna ignition and coils,Pod filters,4-1 Kerker,CBR Tail Light,Drilled front dics,Custom front fender,1/4 fairing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiredgeorge jet question. 03 Mar 2006 12:00 #27882

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The thread pitch on all VM style main jets is the same.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Wiredgeorge jet question. 03 Mar 2006 22:20 #28068

• Tower_Monkey1
  • Tower_Monkey1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Wiredgeorge, Thanks for the info. Anyone else want to jump in on the rest of the post ? Thanks Wayne
78 KZ650C2 Dyna ignition and coils,Pod filters,4-1 Kerker,CBR Tail Light,Drilled front dics,Custom front fender,1/4 fairing.

Wiredgeorge jet question. 04 Mar 2006 06:04 #28119

• The Fish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
The main jet has the biggest effect on the 3/4 to WOT. The needle has most control at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle settings.Based on your description, it seams like your needle position is close to right.
I would go to a larger main jet to cure the 3/4 to WOT. Try the 105 mains and you should be able to tell if it makes any difference (for worse or better). This will give you a better direction to follow (if needed)
Fish

• Page: