Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Some stock carb questions. 15 Feb 2006 09:15 #24047

• nfswift
  • nfswift's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Most KZs run the stock VM24SS slides but the CSRs came stock with BS32 CV carbs...

24mm vs 32mm is a fairly big difference, and I am aware that CV carbs need the bigger diameter to function properly but could anyone breifly sum up the differences in the behavior and performance between these carbs?

I am just curious, I landed a bonus set of 32mm slides when I got my bike that are in questionable condition, these are a bit big for the 650 no? Hopefully the weather clears so I can get riding soon and experience this stuff for myself.

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some stock carb questions. 15 Feb 2006 11:19 #24060

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I test hundreds of sets of carburetors every year and both the VM24 and BS32 are among my favorites. Both tune easily and offer good low-end power and economy. The BS32 probably offers better top end potential as it can flow more air/fuel than a VM24 but I think you would need a larger displacement bike (like my test bikes) to notice.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Some stock carb questions. 15 Feb 2006 13:28 #24078

• nfswift
  • nfswift's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ahh, thanks WG, there is no better place to find sounder carb advice around here than you.

I assumed the carbs would have similar characteristics (after all, why would Kawasaki make a drastic difference between two of the same model just based on carbs?), but I am pleased to hear I might have a LITTLE top end on the stock 650 slides though!

It's also a boon that they are easy to set up because I am a novice about all this still (despite how much I've learned hanging about here or actually wrenching myself).

I should find out exactly what model those 32mm slides are and if they are of any interest =)

Thanks again WG. Maybe someday I'll be up for a 900, but not for now ;)

• Page: