Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Breather tubes after installing pod filters 09 Feb 2006 16:11 #22788

• storysunfolding
  • storysunfolding's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The 79 Kz650 SR came with pod filters. I like the look of the see through even if I don't like the look of the pods but for now htey are staying. What do you do about the breather tube that comes up from right under where the air box used to be? Do you just cap it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Breather tubes after installing pod filters 09 Feb 2006 16:27 #22791

• 70seven6fifty
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Im a newbie with the same question. what i have read so far is that you should either buy a breather element which i have had trouble finding or run a piece of hose off of the breather back under the swingarm. I think k&n makes something that would work as a filter. otherwise you could run the hose back and put a bit of screen on it if you want to keep debris and critters from getting in there. It seems like there was good reason to put a breather there so I would not plug it up. Id love to hear more thoughts on this.

Breather tubes after installing pod filters 09 Feb 2006 16:39 #22795

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
You can make a breather out of a automotive breather , I see them in car part stores in colors , The Plug-in breather from a automotive valve cover could work .. If you look online look for a 12mm , I also see them listed for Harleys on Ebay our friendly parts store these days ,To install , it should go over the small pipe fitting in the crank
case of your kz 650 .. I have been told to put a short piece of tubing on before the filter so it will let the oil drain back .. .. Hope this helps

Breather tubes after installing pod filters 09 Feb 2006 18:03 #22811

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I've seen the breather pipe routed into the exhaust pipe to be burned off. This is on dragbikes equipped with sidewinder exhaust. I myself like to route it so it drips the occasional drop of oil on my chain. DO NOT ROUTE SO IT DRIPS ON BACK TIRE.

• Page: