Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pilot jets for vm28- shorter than factory 08 Feb 2006 11:31 #22479

• fourbrrl
  • fourbrrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I recieved my 17.5 pilot jets from z-1..went to change them and they are MUCH shorter than the ones I have in there...do they have to be submersed in fuel? The factory ones have about 3/4 inch extensions and what appears to be emulsifier tube on the top...will the short ones work ? I am not removing the main jets ( just to prevent confusion )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pilot jets for vm28- shorter than factory 08 Feb 2006 12:43 #22511

• craigpuckett
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I would say that you have the wrong pilot jets,they won't work,Jeff will prally swap with you for the right ones.Give Him a call, He's one of the good ones to deal with.

Pilot jets for vm28- shorter than factory 08 Feb 2006 12:53 #22512

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Mikuni uses four styles of pilot jets on the VM and BS series carbs. The normal type for your bike are about 3/4" long with a barrel type end on the end that sticks down in the bowl. The other common type is the VM22/210 style and that is about 1/2" long and is used on 650 (VM24) models and the VM29 smoothbores. These are basically some thread and an emulsion tube. The pilots on a BS series (Mikuni CV) look the same but are about 15 percent larger than the VM22/210 type. The last type of pilot jet is the one used on the early (73/74) Z1 VM28 type carbs. These look similar to the ones that SHOULD be in your bike but the emulsion area is shorter and they won't fit.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Pilot jets for vm28- shorter than factory 08 Feb 2006 13:04 #22522

• fourbrrl
  • User
the vm22/210 were the only ones offered on z1's website..I'll call jeff. I am re-installing the 102's back in the carbs.I did the relay/ignition mod..now I hafta get the carbs together / back on. If they gimme too much more trouble, I'm gonna get a set from george..vm28 pumpers. His have alot of "updated" modifications that I am unable to do to mine. Thanks for the input !!

Pilot jets for vm28- shorter than factory 08 Feb 2006 13:19 #22524

• fourbrrl
  • User
Talked to Jeff...man what a guy !! he hooked me up with the RIGHT pilot jets...shippin em to me BEFORE I ship the wrong ones back !!! Customer service is alive and well !!

Pilot jets for vm28- shorter than factory 08 Feb 2006 17:41 #22581

• craigpuckett
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
:) :) :) B)

• Page: