Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Float level ??? 07 Feb 2006 19:19 #22300

• Tower_Monkey1
  • Tower_Monkey1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I want to check my float level before I reinstall my carbs. My book says 30mm + or - 1mm . Does that sound correct ? 30mm seems high to me, as at that level there wont be much fuel in the bowls when installed. If anyone knows please let me know... Thanks Wayne
78 KZ650C2 Dyna ignition and coils,Pod filters,4-1 Kerker,CBR Tail Light,Drilled front dics,Custom front fender,1/4 fairing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Float level ??? 08 Feb 2006 07:02 #22414

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
If you're doing the check using a ruler from the gasket surface of the carburetor body to the top of the float, definately no, 30mm is wrong. Should be more around 24mm.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Float level ??? 08 Feb 2006 07:12 #22419

• Tower_Monkey1
  • Tower_Monkey1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My haynes book says to set the float at 30mm, Im to the point of installing the carbs and dont want to take them off again. Its a PITA to get them off, well it wont be to bad as im installing pods... but still I would want it right the first time. More parts arriving today, carb sync guages , carb adjusting tool.... Wife isnt happy either... LOL... She'll get over it, I already did... Wayne
78 KZ650C2 Dyna ignition and coils,Pod filters,4-1 Kerker,CBR Tail Light,Drilled front dics,Custom front fender,1/4 fairing.

• Page: