Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Running the Gas Lines 20 Jan 2006 11:06 #18917

• csmckillip
  • csmckillip's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 84 GPz 550 and having trouble running the gas lines to the right place. The bike has been stored for over 7 years and I finally got the bike out a couple of weeks ago. I took all of the parts off to remove the carbs, tok the carbs apart and cleaned up the slides and got them working correctly again. I put everything back in place and started her up. My problem is that after the bike started a good flow of gas was hitting the floor. Can you all take a look at this drawing and tell me if this is correct.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Running the Gas Lines 20 Jan 2006 12:10 #18930

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I am not particularly familiar with your bike. What type of carburetor assembly are you trying to depict in this drawing? Is it your drawing?
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Running the Gas Lines 23 Jan 2006 18:19 #19547

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Wired is carb guru, but looks fine to me. One set of vacuum gauges should go to petcock the other to a valve cover (PCV) valve actuating it when bike running to vent valve covers to airbox. Sounds like gas is getting past float valves in bowls. If you had to work to get slides working, you might have gummed up float needle valves in carb bowls. Normally they shut fuel flow to carbs when desired fuel level is hit. Old gas or particles can hold them open allowing carbs to overflow. Do you have an inline fuel filter? Always a good idea. You may need to pull bowls off and give all parts a good cleaning.

• Page: