Best comparison I've seen 15 Nov 2012 10:10 #558451

• LarryC
  • LarryC's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
;)

Larry C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mcdroid, Street Fighter LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best comparison I've seen 15 Nov 2012 10:25 #558455

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
GO GREEN !!!!!

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Best comparison I've seen 15 Nov 2012 10:53 #558461

• Old Man Rock
  • User
  • Thank you received: 225
Whoa, 9.05sec.... B)

With some Nad mods, break the 9 second mark easily.... :whistle:
1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

Best comparison I've seen 15 Nov 2012 12:53 #558474

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
  • Thank you received: 299
Put a typical rider on there and see what kind of times you get out of those bikes on same track,People watch pro riders on "Tuned" stock looking bikes and automatically think thats the times those bikes will run anytime/anyplace/any conditions with any rider! :woohoo:
Having ridden A turbo charged zx14 and couple really bad busas ill be the first to admit theyre freaking fast,but look at it this way if joe shmo can walk into the showroom and ride a brand new one to the track and run 9s out of the box then the pro riders should be able to be running in the 8s with the same setup.
And again having ridden both Im going to say Id take the busa for the looks department and the shear availability of aftermarket parts,theyve been building them a lot longer and it shows B)
posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4TheKZ1000

Best comparison I've seen 15 Nov 2012 14:00 #558486

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Either one is fast enough to put the new rider with more ego than skill in a coffin in less than 10 seconds. ;)
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

Best comparison I've seen 15 Nov 2012 20:14 #558525

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
I had an ego once. :huh:
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

Best comparison I've seen 16 Nov 2012 03:18 #558600

• wireman
  • User

roy-b-boy-b wrote: I had an ego once. :huh:

Thank god Roy,I thought you said you had a yugo once! :sick: :woohoo:
posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

Best comparison I've seen 16 Nov 2012 09:13 #558611

• LarryC
  • LarryC's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309

wireman wrote: Put a typical rider on there and see what kind of times you get out of those bikes on same track,People watch pro riders on "Tuned" stock looking bikes and automatically think thats the times those bikes will run anytime/anyplace/any conditions with any rider! :woohoo:
Having ridden A turbo charged zx14 and couple really bad busas ill be the first to admit theyre freaking fast,but look at it this way if joe shmo can walk into the showroom and ride a brand new one to the track and run 9s out of the box then the pro riders should be able to be running in the 8s with the same setup.
And again having ridden both Im going to say Id take the busa for the looks department and the shear availability of aftermarket parts,theyve been building them a lot longer and it shows B)

I'm just the opposite. I think the Busa is and has always been one of the ugliest motorcycles ever produced....but hey...everybody likes something different.

Any if you took the time to watch the video you would have seen some low 10 second runs in the low 140 MPH zone by the average guy at the test. That average guy went .3 seconds quicker on the 14. That my friend is F'n HUGE B)

IMO, Kawasaki engineers clearly produced one spectacular motorcycle. Run 9's and pick up a quart of milk on your way home. Get up the next morning and take the wife for a nice cruise out in the country..... What more could you ask for?
Larry C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Last edit: by LarryC.

Best comparison I've seen 16 Nov 2012 09:36 #558614

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103

wireman wrote:

roy-b-boy-b wrote: I had an ego once. :huh:

Thank god Roy,I thought you said you had a yugo once! :sick: :woohoo:

Even I know better than that !

Larry,you are right. It is like driving a pro mod on the street.

I rode a older 14 and it was just awsome. I rode a 6 and the power band was so controlable. I wish I could afford a new bike before these old bones get too old.
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

Best comparison I've seen 16 Nov 2012 11:05 #558622

• wireman
  • User

LarryC wrote:

wireman wrote: Put a typical rider on there and see what kind of times you get out of those bikes on same track,People watch pro riders on "Tuned" stock looking bikes and automatically think thats the times those bikes will run anytime/anyplace/any conditions with any rider! :woohoo:

I'm just the opposite. I think the Busa is and has always been one of the ugliest motorcycles ever produced....but hey...everybody likes something different.

Any if you took the time to watch the video you would have seen some low 10 second runs in the low 140 MPH zone by the average guy at the test. That average guy went .3 seconds quicker on the 14. That my friend is F'n HUGE B)

IMO, Kawasaki engineers clearly produced one spectacular motorcycle. Run 9's and pick up a quart of milk on your way home. Get up the next morning and take the wife for a nice cruise out in the country..... What more could you ask for?

Yeah but they were still using suzukis money to stay afloat last I heard unless something changed. :laugh:
The low 10s on the 14 by the average guy were a lot diferant than those low 9s from the higher end types on there though.
yeah theyre both ugly as hell,I just think the busas a little less ugly! :whistle: :woohoo:
I could take the extra $1,000.00 saved by buying the busa and make up for the extra 26hp by tossing a couple parts on there and still have lunch money left. :evil:
Either of them is bad enough to hurt you really bad in stock form B) B) B) B) B)

Best comparison I've seen 16 Nov 2012 11:07 #558623

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
Mufflers on both bikes look like crap....slap a header on the mothers.

Busa's are so easy to work on engine wise.....they got that engine pretty-much right off the bat.

A guy in cincinnati has a busa 500hp / 500+ torque....some sick power....drag only not street. I saw engine on bench and it looked normal...only bare block.

a busa turbo is a nice bike done right....hard to get out a 3rd gear in the city though... :woohoo:

Last edit: by 4TheKZ1000.

Best comparison I've seen 16 Nov 2012 11:15 #558626

• wireman
  • User
thats not a bike,its a respectable big block chevy! :woohoo: