Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Distinguished Gentlemen's ELR - KZ1100A2 - Colorado 10 Oct 2022 12:10 #875380

• BigTex
  • BigTex's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
1982 KZ1100A2 Shaftie, refurbished with ELR colors and bodywork.  This was my pandemic project and has been a blast to ride, but I'm on to my next project and need some space.  Asking $3,000.

I repainted it from a faded red to the great Kawasaki green. I also 3D printed a custom tail section, added a grab bar from an LTD model, and fabricated brackets to mount a new GPz bikini fairing to complete the look. Stripes are paint, not decals. Not a professional painter for sure but it looks pretty cool.

Carbs were professionally rebuilt and synched, and I did a general recommission. New brake pads, rebuilt calipers, and new hoses. New tires last year. New starter motor and relay, new cables for tach, speedo, and clutch, and added fog lights with LED lights all around. Found a period Kerker 4-1 exhaust for the perfect look and sound, not too loud. Also stumbled across some new Ohlins rear shocks, so very nice.

Have factory service manual and owner’s manual. Clear Colorado title. Oil is fresh and I ride it often. Most original parts including the exhaust and shocks are available if desired.  Located in Northern Colorado in the town of Greeley.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveo, Scirocco, howardhb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Distinguished Gentlemen's ELR - KZ1100A2 - Colorado 12 Oct 2022 10:25 #875477

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 636
Nice looking bike.  Good luck with the sale!

1982 KZ1100-A2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by daveo.
  • Page: