• Page:

TOPIC:

Snap-On sourced valve collet tool 02 Jan 2013 06:59 #565524

• greenman43
  • greenman43's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all,

Looking for a little advice please. Mr. Snap-On came by to my workplace, and left a catalogue full of (doubtlessly expensive goodies). Among other things, the attached caught my eye as a neat tool to have (I’d probably never use it, but still a cool thing for the toolchest).

Wondering if someone who knows about these things could tell me which – if either – size I can use on the ’78 Z1R motor in my bike, so that I can price it up. On the off-chance anyone here knows, I’m looking for the same info for my ’07 ZX10R, but I’ll post that to a more pertinent forum.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

PS Spotted the ‘Lisle valve keeper tool’ post, looks like the same usage, but I really would like a definitve ‘Yes, this is the size you need’ response if possible.
1980 Z1000 A4 Mk II
2007 ZX10R 'SL' (superlight)
1989 GPz900R
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Snap-On sourced valve collet tool 02 Jan 2013 10:36 #565538

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThose tools are for Head On Service, such as changing springs or stem seals. Is this what your after a Head On service tool, only for your bike? There are as you said the Lisle Tools, which I bought through Amazon.com, both sizes were $68 shipped. Other wise there are much better spring compressors for Head Off service, including Air Powered,, which SnapOn/ Bluepoint sells. The Tusk spring compressor for Head Off and hand use is a Very good Deal on Feebay. $30-50
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Last edit: by Motor Head.

Snap-On sourced valve collet tool 02 Jan 2013 10:38 #565539

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
How do you keep the valve spring compressed while using that tool? It would work ok on the heads with exposed valve springs that used horseshoe valve spring compressor, but not on a head with sunken valve springs like KZ's.
KD9JUR

Snap-On sourced valve collet tool 02 Jan 2013 18:42 #565590

• lushbaugh
  • User
  • everybodys a pro......
  • Thank you received: 35
dude save your money on that peice of useless shit, to extract keepers glue magnets to your valve spring comrpessor to install them put a dab of grease on them and stick them on your valve and release the compressor. done.
79 kz1000 ltd all apart
the best advice i can give is dont take dnthavakawmans advice..

Snap-On sourced valve collet tool 03 Jan 2013 05:02 #565670

• greenman43
  • greenman43's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks very much guys, I didn't realise it was to be used with the head in situ: I definitely won't be using it, so thanks again for the heads up.

Cheers,
Brian
1980 Z1000 A4 Mk II
2007 ZX10R 'SL' (superlight)
1989 GPz900R

• Page: