Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Burning Fuel? 23 Nov 2005 10:19 #9835

• sigep628
  • sigep628's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I hope I am not stupid for asking this, but I don't want to hurt my engine if something is wrong. The bike has been sitting for about 2 weeks and it has been cold here. I went out yesterday to start it. Wouldn't start so I gave it full choke and pulled on the throttle a couple of times. Now the bike started today and after warm up when I rev the RPM's up the bike smokes from enderneath and a little out the tail pipes. It had never done this as long as I have owned it. I havn't let it run that long, Is it just burning off extra fuel that was in there or does something seem wrong. Not the smell of burning oil but I am not sure. If you can help I would appreciate it. Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Burning Fuel? 23 Nov 2005 21:28 #9946

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
its probably just the extra fuel in the cylinders,take it out for a ride and clear it out.the smoke you see underneath might just be an exhuast leak that you never noticed before ,but now that the air is colder it might just be more noticable.

Burning Fuel? 24 Nov 2005 19:43 #10093

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 436
It' been cold up here also. I put the bike away last week just before the snow hit. Up to then I had only gotten out on the bike about once a week. The last few times I started it it took quite a bit of choke and battery and throttle to get her going. There was some small smoke from the exhaust pipe which cleared when it warmed fully. I figured it was like wireguy said - just burning off the extra fuel. Hav'nt noticed smoke from underneath but wonder if you are just seeing some condensation burning off ?

Woodstock ON Canada
1980 kz750 E1, 4->1, K&N pods

Post edited by: jr, at: 2005/11/24 22:43
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

• Page: