Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fake Kawasaki news 03 Jan 2024 08:47 #893504

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 657
Tesla full showroom with sales people and service facilities in Dartford UK. 
​​​​​​Same as any other manufactures facilities/showrooms. 

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fake Kawasaki news 03 Jan 2024 09:10 #893507

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1807

Wookie,
Do you have to tell UK customs you bought a car ?
Do they want money ?
I recently bought a Z1 in Cananda.
I was in the warm usa customs office for 45 minutes.
They asked me a lot of question, I paid $106.
The customs office was full of truckers with all sorts of problems.
I was happy to get home.

Unfortunately there is no "dodging" the tax man. People who take this option do it for the experience (often spend a couple of days in Europe before returning) rather than any cost savings. The car is already UK registered when you collect and all the relevant duties are in the price you pay. If you dd a personal import you have to evidence duties have been paid before you can register it.
Many years ago I bought a GS750 imported from Texas and that was subject to VAT and import duty in total 26% at the time (always amazes me how "used" items are subject to VAT even though it was already paid once when it was new) 
I recently sent some used parts to a member in Spain and his costs on delivery were more than the value of the parts !!!!!!

Fake Kawasaki news 03 Jan 2024 09:50 #893509

• 73z1
  • 73z1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103
Wookie,
What % is the tax for bringing a German car to UK ?
I called usa customs first to find out what burning hoops I would have to jump through to bring a bike from Canada to usa.
They were nice and told me to complete a dot and epa form when I went to get the z1.
I paid 2% customs tax, the rate varies by age of bike, my state wants another 6% to register so I can ride the bike.

Fake Kawasaki news 03 Jan 2024 10:12 #893510

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1807

Wookie,
What % is the tax for bringing a German car to UK ?
I called usa customs first to find out what burning hoops I would have to jump through to bring a bike from Canada to usa.
They were nice and told me to complete a dot and epa form when I went to get the z1.
I paid 2% customs tax, the rate varies by age of bike, my state wants another 6% to register so I can ride the bike.
Attachments:

Fake Kawasaki news 03 Jan 2024 12:11 #893513

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
I've never brought a used bike into Canada but I've brought a lot of parts.  Usually there is no charge on less than $100 CAD.  If over that amount they might charge GST (5%) and PST (7% in BC) paid at the post office.  A few years ago I imported a used snowmobile.  There were no taxes, but I had to pay brokers fees to get it across the border.  It also had to be inspected to ensure it was clean (Don't want any of that Michigan dirt in Canada!) and it had to be MT of fuel and lubes.  When importing used vehicles not normally sold in Canada you must pay tax unless the vehicle is more than 15 years old.  I once imported a Mistubishi Delica camper from Japan that was 15 yrs old.  I paid no tax.  I think the USA has a similar rule but the vehicle must be more than 25 yrs old.  Registering a vehicle in BC will cost 12% of the purchase price.  
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Fake Kawasaki news 04 Jan 2024 04:13 #893536

• 73z1
  • 73z1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103
Hardrock,
When I talked with usa customs on phone they told me to clean bike, Canada dirt has to stay in Canada.
I came home through Sarnia, two miles of trucks parked on 402 waiting to enter usa.

Fake Kawasaki news 04 Jan 2024 14:21 #893584

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Oh Yeah!!  We LOVE our dirt!!
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

• Page: