Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

GPZ1100 neutral selection problem 04 Dec 2023 07:14 #892334

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 634

Everything behind the front bevel gear case looks in order, except that pesky o-ring is missing from this motor too...
I suppose the output shaft has to be disassembled to free up those three little balls, unless there's a chance of accessing and freeing them up with the oil pan removed.  Can't imagine they're missing in this case since the engine has not been opened before.
The the clutch components check out, but several fibers were stuck to adjacent steels by dried oil, and had to be pried apart.
The crankshaft seems in good shape, though the rod movement feels restricted somewhat by thick old oil that nevertheless is clean

There's nothing wrong with the gearbox or lockout bearings if you can only get 1st and neutral at standstill.

I attempted to spin the trans with the engine assembled by using an electric drill motor with my right hand, and shifting up with my left.  Full lift of the lever under went from first gear to...nothing.
Perhaps the drill-shaft just wasn't spinning things around fast enough, given the cold-freezing outside garage air temperature at the time.

Hmmm.  The engine has been sitting in my warm basement for a couple days since that attempt, and the clutch assembly is out...
I will give it a spin with the drill-shaft again, and submit an updated report.

An hour + later...

Yes!!!

Make-shift video:
photos.app.goo.gl/eTk9hc1Rty5PnviD6

Thanks again Zed1015 

P.s.  After looking closer, I see the clutch push rod o-ring IS present in this engine, though it does need replacing.
1982 KZ1100-A2

The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by daveo.
  • Page: