Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Which 4 studs?? 28 Jul 2023 11:15 #887688

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2644

If you haven't had the studs out you don't need any sealer on any of them or the barrels location dowels.
Just grease both sides of the base gasket to aid settlement and use nothing on the MLS head gasket.
Also with the MLS gaskets you can get away without filling the camchain O' ring groove if you wish.
They are capable of withstanding turbo cylinder pressures and don't require a re-torque.

I have this kind of head gasket on my 1075 kit. I didn't like or trust the three piece gasket so instead of filling the O ring groove as I always did with the cometic fiber gaskets I used a old O ring I had for 20 or so years that was still pliable after all this time instead. I don't think they make them this anymore. Aftermarket gets hard and brittle. I've had them split in 6 months. It's not leaking but the oil gallies were weeping. I retorqued 4 times and now it doesn't leak. I did use a smear of Ultra Black RTV on and around the O ring and used new copper washers. I have a Cometic head gasket to go on when I open it up again. 
BTW the APE studs are worth the investment. It wouldn't have sealed without them. 

Steve

www.kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/618279-al...ners?start=12#876590

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SWest. Reason: add link
  • Page: