Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Making Progress 10 Jul 2006 19:25 #60925

• kawdogltd
  • kawdogltd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the welcome and all the wisdom evident in the dusty e-archives on the various forums. The mighty KZ1000 is beginning to look a bit better, and thanks to a fresh oil & filter change (first in 4-5 years said previous owner), the dripping from the engine has improved after a short ride today (about 10 miles). Used 20/50 part syn and it seems to like the fresh oil inside. Have an appointment with a local mechanic known for technical ability and attention to detail. He will put on dyno and run until he sees where the oil is oozing out. Then will tell me the bad new$. But I do want it fixed since oil on the leg is a bit bothersome. COULD IT BE... simply loose head bolts? I ask because ALL the exhaust bolts were a bit loose. And this bike has suffered from tech-neglect although it has only 7500 original miles. Will post the results, and also the diagnosis of a strange clunking/knocking from the tranny area as the bike warms up ??? Till then, thanks for info and Keep Ridin'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Making Progress 11 Jul 2006 05:29 #61033

• trippivot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
that clutch basket will make a lot of noise at idle and cold especially if the carbs are a little unbalanced like a chunking sound in the bottom end. no worry these bikes are more rugged than refined, they arent as polite as other line 4s' but torquey and comfortable. easy to work on as well. cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: