Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Valve adjustment Z1/KZ 1000 29 Sep 2022 07:13 #874798

• Togoster
  • User
  • Thank you received: 21
Don’t give in to the hate Steve. Sheath that light saber. (Vzzzt…makes audible lightsaber sheathing sound) (Sorry, channeling my inner Obi). Funny tho how they actually have a motto or slogan that goes, “don’t do evil”. 

Now, before I head down any other particular rabbit holes I wonder if you would want to try the tool I made to adjust the valve lash. It’s easy to make one. It works with the same principle as the factory tool. It attaches to the head and I used the cam to depress the bucket and then exactly in the same manner as the FT you complete the job. 

I could use the type of feedback that you, one that I get the sense would have zero compunction in telling me, that this tool is SHT! I HATE IT!!

But, and in order to not run afoul of rules here I am not, yet, marketing said tool. I’m doing R&D and will be polishing up my prototype on 5 other KZ/GPZ heads first. 

I can PM a pic of it on the head and you’ll be able to see it if you’d like. I think $87 bucks for a factory tool is off putting but the $10 tool interests me not so I cobbed it together from stuff in the shop and it worked well with very few hitches and no damage to head, which from what I read can occur with the factory tool. I like the doctors code, “first, do no harm”. 

Get your motor running!

84 GPZ750
81 R100RS
83 GSX750ES
80 KZ1000 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Valve adjustment Z1/KZ 1000 29 Sep 2022 08:19 #874801

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
You can't PM pics but you can post them here. I made one out of an old screw driver that worked well. I'll try it again. It had lots more control and didn't hurt the palm of my hand like the cheap tool does. 
Steve

Valve adjustment Z1/KZ 1000 30 Sep 2022 07:44 #874843

• Togoster
  • User
  • Thank you received: 21
Firstly, thanks for the earworm. It hung in most of the day yesterday whilst scrapping chipped paint off the siding in prep for another (uggg) VT winter. The foliage is near peak and so how could I not, as Michael and REM did and possibly still do...feel fine. That's key.

I will polish up the tool and do a patent search so as to not infringe on anyone's intellectual property and perhaps do a Rumble on it. Never heard of the platform but I'm forever rooting for underdogs. I sometimes change 3 or more times when I  sporadically watch big sporting events. That is except for racing. I like Valentino Rossi. 
Get your motor running!

84 GPZ750
81 R100RS
83 GSX750ES
80 KZ1000 LTD