Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

newbie with a possible clutch malfunction 21 Jun 2006 19:36 #56128

• dreadnaught27
  • dreadnaught27's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys, I've been reading the forums here for a few days, and have gotten a lot of great tips. I'm not sure if you have covered this previously (couldn't find a post, but I'm kinda special sometimes ;) ). I just changed out the fuel line, installed a new in-line filter, replaced the battery, and ordered a BUNCH of new stuff for a '79 KZ650 that I inherited from a friend of mine. I have run into a slight problem now though (hopefully slight). I tried to start the bike, and it is being strange. It is sluggish to turn over, and every time it tries to actually start, it jumps forward a little bit and a clicking/crunching sound comes from the clutch area under the front of the engine. I know I have it in neutral, and I know the clutch hasn't been touched for a while (bike's been covered up in a garage for well over a year). So, how screwed am I here? Any suggestions for what the problem could be, or possible fixes? I just found my true love, and now she's broken :( . Please help! Let me know if I can provide any more info. to help solve the problem.

Thanks in advance, Derek
'79 KZ650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

newbie with a possible clutch malfunction 21 Jun 2006 19:42 #56130

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...id,2/id,48245/#48245

Here is a recent thread dealing with what sounds like your problem...there is other info too using the search term "stuck clutch".

Welcome aboard.

newbie with a possible clutch malfunction 21 Jun 2006 19:43 #56131

• dreadnaught27
  • dreadnaught27's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Wow! That was fast! Thanks a lot, I'll try that right now :)

• Page: