Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 05:45 #55673

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
27 - Put your bike year and model in your signature and your location as well if you would like to let folks know where you are who might be able to help. Folks are giving you advice that probably isn't applicable for your bike since it isn't clear what bike you own. Thanks
wiredgeorge Moderator
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 05:52 #55674

• trippivot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I cannot turn my rear wheel by hand when I put my engine in gear and pull the clutch in on my machine. While in neutral it spins fine. I know that my clutch is operating properly. There is a signifigant amount of friction and parts squished together in thick oil inside there. The power of a running engine will overcome that resistance but your arm will not.
I could be very wrong about what is happening with your machine.

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 07:52 #55709

• ibsen22000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
That is also another thing to consider.

On both my KZ400 and CB650 I can turn the rear wheel in the same situation though. I need to use some force to make the 400 wheel turn, but not more than I can do it with one hand on the tyre.

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 10:35 #55736

• kx_125_pilot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
yep, thats the same with my kz440, and my kx125......when the engine is cold the clutch doesn't like to work, but as soon as the engine warms up and the oil thins out, all is good....

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 12:07 #55754

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
How the heck do people pull their clutch levers in and try turning the rear wheel at the same time anyway? I sure can't reach the back wheel when I have my clutch pulled in... although it never occured to me to try. There IS drag on the clutch, even with it not in gear... the rear wheel turns slowly on all my bikes while they are in neutral IF the clutch is properly adjusted.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 13:45 #55782

• rattler
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
wiredgeorge wrote:

How the heck do people pull their clutch levers in and try turning the rear wheel at the same time anyway? I sure can't reach the back wheel when I have my clutch pulled in... although it never occured to me to try. There IS drag on the clutch, even with it not in gear... the rear wheel turns slowly on all my bikes while they are in neutral IF the clutch is properly adjusted.

i was wondering the same thing. you guys must have something i dont...FRIENDS.:P

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 21:10 #55894

• Werewolfx
  • User
or short bikes..I can reach my back tire while holding the clutch lever in ;)
Chris

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 21:24 #55898

• TwoSeven
  • TwoSeven's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Sorry, I shall update my profile. Its left over from the old forum design.

I tested my clutch by pulling the clutch in and rocking the bike back n forth off on the ground. After I had stripped, cleaned and measured the friction plates I tested the bike dry - because there is no oil to cause the plates to stick together and cause clutch drag.

The only thing I didnt do is count the number of friction plates and steels so that I can order new ones (doh!!!). I even remembered to put the sump bolt in before the oil this time :)

Clutch NOT slipping problem 20 Jun 2006 21:25 #55899

• TwoSeven
  • TwoSeven's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Sorry, I shall update my profile. Its left over from the old forum design.

I tested my clutch by pulling the clutch in and rocking the bike back n forth off on the ground. After I had stripped, cleaned and measured the friction plates I tested the bike dry - because there is no oil to cause the plates to stick together and cause clutch drag.

The only thing I didnt do is count the number of friction plates and steels so that I can order new ones (doh!!!). I even remembered to put the sump bolt in before the oil this time :)

• Page: