• Page:

TOPIC:

Where to buy engine bearings? 23 May 2006 20:29 #49603

• Jay_G
  • Jay_G's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Gday guys

Im wondering where you guys get all you cranks and rod journal bearings from?

i priced them at a kawasaki shop here in Aus and they said $13.50 AUD each half crank bearing so $135 just to put new bearings on the crank. Then i have to do the rods.

I dont mind ordering from overseas so any help would be appreciated. its for a GT 750 (kz750-P1)

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Where to buy engine bearings? 24 May 2006 06:06 #49675

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
www.z1enterprises.com can probably get the bearings if they are still available. Drop Jeff an email. Also, there are US part sources that may or may not make sense from a price standpoint. www.bikebandit.com carries OEM bits but you will probably find that after paying international shipping, the local dealer makes the most sense. You could also check in at the Z1/Z900 Worldwide Owners Community on MSN forums. There are tons of Aussies on that board and although you don't have a Z1/KZ900, they might be able to point you to a more cost effective local source for the bearings.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Where to buy engine bearings? 26 May 2006 01:47 #50173

• newbikekiller
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I buy all my bearings from a BEARING SHOP

I don't know anything about australia, but I would start by looking at industrial supply shops, etc.

All bearings have a brand name and numbers on them, so you can check the availibility of those bearings by using that information and the phone.

Peter

Where to buy engine bearings? 26 May 2006 06:18 #50199

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
newbikekiller wrote:

I buy all my bearings from a BEARING SHOP

I don't know anything about australia, but I would start by looking at industrial supply shops, etc.

All bearings have a brand name and numbers on them, so you can check the availibility of those bearings by using that information and the phone.

Peter

I don't think that applies to the 650/750 rod and main bearings :)
The 750 uses plain bearings (bearing shells), so you will have an awful hard time finding them at an Industrial Bearing supply house.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/05/26 09:21
KD9JUR

Where to buy engine bearings? 26 May 2006 06:50 #50215

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The crank bearings on a 750 would normally be call bushings I think and I doubt a bearing store would have those, although I don't know that for sure. I do know that the local bearing store is a great place to get wheel bearings. They use standard bearing numbers and our wheel bearings will be called "electric motor" bearings. Go figgerrrrr
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: