Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

650 mods 23 May 2006 06:48 #49384

• ambergrismooon
  • ambergrismooon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a 77 650 with a DynaS. The rest of the bike is stock (coils, airbox, plugs). I have a set of Greenie coils that I am thinking about installing. First off should I? Second, I believe this will allow me to open up the plug gap. Third, I don't think this will make me mess with carbs since I'm not messing with the exhaust Am I correct in this assumption?

Bonus Question: If a train is moving at 40mph and it's destination is Amourpork can silicone implants survive explosive decompression at 10,000ft? And if the answer is yes, can they be re-inflated manually? At what PSI?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

650 mods 23 May 2006 07:01 #49387

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Please reread your post and see if it makes sense to you. You have "greenie coils" and want to know if you should install them? There is no basis for making any intelligent response. What is a greenie coil? How could anyone tell if installation would be of benefit? Are you having problems now? Why isn't this posted in the electrical section?
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

650 mods 23 May 2006 07:16 #49391

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
I'm not sure of the Ohm rating on the Greenie Coils compared to the stock coils. Most will change the coils with a Dyna as well.

As long as your keeping your stock air box and exhaust, no carb changes would be necessary.

Bonus answer; If your riding your bike at 40mph back from Amourpork and your Silcone Testies are low (underinflated), you may want to re-inflate them to help withstand the expolsive decomression on impact when an unforseen obstacle jumps/comes accross your path. Do not inflate too much as to avoid having all the Women in town chasing after you. Although that could be a good thing! :woohoo:
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

650 mods 23 May 2006 08:49 #49409

• ambergrismooon
  • ambergrismooon's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
wiredgeorge wrote:

Please reread your post and see if it makes sense to you.
If I re-read most of my posts my head unscrews. I'm told it has to do with childhood...

You have "greenie coils" and want to know if you should install them? There is no basis for making any intelligent response. What is a greenie coil?

Greenie coils = Dyna Green 3.0 Ohm's

How could anyone tell if installation would be of benefit? Are you having problems now?

My figuring is I put the DynaS in and I have had these coils sitting around. This poor old bike has been hauling my big butt around for a while and I'm gonna treat her to new plugs so I thought the 3.0 coils might help performance and combustion. I also figured it would allow me to open the spark plug gap to help combustion. It's a lot of figuring for me...I'll admit. As for probs...no the bike is running fine, maybe a little down on power or it could just be me.

Why isn't this posted in the electrical section?

My bad...didn't notice where I was posting

:blush:

• Page: