Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What is the difference between the A/B/C/D designation? 22 May 2006 22:08 #49353

• ILKZRider
  • ILKZRider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 1978 KZ 650, that has been well cared for. However, the petcock valve is leaking and making a mess of my bike. I found a Petcock valve for a KZ 650 "B". I believe that mine is a "D." Will it make a difference? I also need a gasket kit for the rest of the bike. I hope to keep this bike on the road, and have a hard time finding parts and people willing to help with such an old bike. This bike has taken FIRST PLACE in a motorcycle show, under my ownership. I hope to win many more. It went up against alot of modern bikes, and still took first. It would mean a lot to me to be able to keep it running and on the road, just to show people the VINTAGE BIKE are here and not going anywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is the difference between the A/B/C/D designation? 22 May 2006 23:00 #49361

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Short answer YES B C and D are the different models. B is a standard bike with spoke wheels. The C is the Custom model with mad wheels 19/18 with dual front discs sin gal rear disc. The D is the SR/CSR with the same brakes as the C also with mag wheels but a smaller rear wheel and taller handlebars and different tank / covers.
The frat year bikes had the standard petcocks and all the rest had vacuum operated petcocks

Oh yeah welcome to the site.

Post edited by: Mark Wing, at: 2006/05/23 02:00
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

What is the difference between the A/B/C/D designation? 23 May 2006 07:26 #49394

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome to KZR. Give us some pictures of your 650. ;)

The different models can be seen on this 650 site; 650s

As well as the 650 info site in my signature.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

What is the difference between the A/B/C/D designation? 23 May 2006 20:19 #49596

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 239
Like mentioned your "D" means it's a SR model, which was a new release for the 650 line in 1978. It's more of a cruiser similar to a LTD line. The petcock from a SR was not the same part as a B or C model, but they will all work. Why Kawasaki always put different parts on every motorcycle was always a mystery. The only logical reason I can see is Kawasaki did not want used parts available at a reasonable cost so by never making 2 models with the same part, the chance of finding any particular part you need laying around on a junked bike is near zero. Kawasakis lettering system is another mystery, a 1000B is a LTD, a 1100B is a GPZ, a 650B is the standard. A 650D is a SR, a 1000D is the Z1R. No rhyme or reason to what letter they saw fit to set on a certain model
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

• Page: