Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

rottella vs. Amzoil 26 Oct 2005 04:00 #4335

• Snakebyte
  • Snakebyte's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I use Amzoil 20w50 synthetic. I just read the topic on Rotella and Castrol. I was wondering what do you guys sugest.
Another thing is that I recently heard that thinner oil can help the transfer of heat better than thiucker oil is that right?
I was at Crol cycle and they recamend Amzoil. They had a dyno pull on a bike with fresh Mobile one, then they switched to Amzoil on the same bike. The bike had 4 more horse power. All the variables were the same temp., air pressure in tires, same amount of pulls every thing. So they put the Mobile one back in the engine and ran it again. The bike lost the 4 extra HP it gained from the Amzoil.
Can someone clear this up for me. Has any of you guys ran Amzoil before that switched to Rotella?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

rottella vs. Amzoil 26 Oct 2005 05:54 #4351

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Interesting! Did you actually see this set of dyno runs or were just told about them? Amsoil sells only through their dealer network and I suspect your bike shop just became an Amsoil dealer.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

rottella vs. Amzoil 26 Oct 2005 06:47 #4366

• Snakebyte
  • User
I have been dealing with Crol for about two years now. I first talked to the guy when he was working on his bike he drag races. He is pushing 1200 Horse power out of a air cooled Suzuki engine minus the trans. The engine block is cast metal not aluminum. He ran across these engines by mistake and he is not letting them go.
Anyways the info on the Amzoil is what he told me. He runs Amzoil in his bike. He told me that a guy came buy telling that Mobile one is the best oil he could run in his bike, well he said ok and set a bike up on the dyno. It was an older bike that was air cooled. not sure what brand. Then they did the test. After the test the guy said he was a rep. from Mobile One trying to sell them the product. The rep bought some oil from Crol and said we need to do some more reserch and left the building.

rottella vs. Amzoil 26 Oct 2005 07:06 #4372

• wiredgeorge
  • User
1200 HP from an air cooled Suzi? WOW - That is about twice as much as the Pro-Street guys are running... sounds like your mechanic is an accomplished story teller or is a world famous mechanic / bike racer. If I don't see power claims; especially regarding an oil swap, I would take the info with a grain of salt. I would also take the 1200 HP claim with a grain of salt.
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

rottella vs. Amzoil 27 Oct 2005 03:40 #4599

• Snakebyte
  • User
I actually seen the video when he raced it. He starts it on one kind of gas, then when it warms up he switches it to another type of fuel and it runs totally different when he switches fuel. The rear tire is about two foot wide (I seen the tire and im not exaturating). When he does a burnout he only gives it 1/4 throttle. One more thing when he gooses the throttle, the video camera is unable to record the image and the sound. When he gooses the throttle all you see is snow on the screen. It is turbo charged with a turbo bigger than his engine and has a 5x6 throttle body on the back of the turbo.
I'm only telling you what I know or seen nothing is made up or blown out of proportion.
He also has pics of him racing a supercharged hemi engine on a bike frame. The engine is mounted sidways and yes I said two wheels.
Can we get back to the original subject about ROTTELLA vs. AMSZOIL please.

rottella vs. Amzoil 28 Oct 2005 00:58 #4855

• Lorcan
  • User
  • Speed Loony
  • Thank you received: 59
I'm not touching this one! :laugh:
760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

rottella vs. Amzoil 28 Oct 2005 05:34 #4862

• wiredgeorge
  • User
Thanks Lorcan! I was afraid you would label me as a geezer hehe
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

rottella vs. Amzoil 28 Oct 2005 06:37 #4884

• ibsen22000
  • User
Sorry for the hijack snake:

www.mcnews.com.au/ClassicsCustoms/Dragbike/dragbike_feature.htm

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - SPRINTEX AUSTRALIA TRIUMPH DRAG BIKE
Class For Racing: Australian Top Fuel
Engine basics: 1490cc, four-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve by Puma in England, based on Triumph 1200 design
Redline: 12,000rpm
Power: 1200Hp
Crankcase: Aluminium girdle style , four-bolt mains
Crankshaft: Doug Kiddy EN 40B military grade steel
Con-rods: By Bert Hopkins
Pistons: Cosworth blanks custom machined
Camshafts: Custom offering 500 thou' lift with maximum duration of 286 degrees at 50 thou’.
Heads: 6061 alloy
Induction: Sprintex twin-screw supercharger providing maximum of 50psi boost & mechanical fuel injection system
Fuel system: 90% nitro methane (CH3 NO2) stored in a 33 litre custom tank and pumped at a rate of 30 gallons / minute. Single fuel pump and mechanical throttle valve control fuel delivery to 18 nozzles.
Ignition: Twin magnetos with twin coils and twin spark plugs per cylinder.
Exhaust: Fully custom
Data logging: 20 sensors providing information up to 125 times / second
Clutch: Fully custom, seven stage ‘air operated’ with three friction and four steel plates that are 8� in diameters and 5/16� thick. Two flywheels with a pneumatic actuator and a variable pressure regulator.
Gearbox: No gearbox - primary drive only by 4� Gates clutch
Chassis: 4130 chrome moly chassis built by John Clift in the UK.
Front forks: Suzuki GSX-R 41mm
Rear tyre: 14� X 31� Goodyear Eagle
Bodywork: Fully custom

rottella vs. Amzoil 28 Oct 2005 10:23 #4927

• Snakebyte
  • User
AMSOIL Helps Set New World Record For Motorcycles. Ron Krol's 1100cc Suzuki 7.38 Seconds At 180+ mph!

On September 26, 1988, Ron Krol of Garfield Heights, Ohio used AMSOIL SYNTHETIC OIL at the ATCO race track in New Jersey to accomplish the unimaginable: he raced his naturally-aspirated (carbureted) 1100cc 16-valve Suzuki drag bike in the funny bike class. This class usually uses turbo-chargers and nitrous oxide Fuel!Ron and his AMSOIL-ized motorcycle didn't win at ATCO, their first ever national drag bike event (although he did make it to the semifinals). What Ron did do was set a new world record for carbureted motorcycles - 7.38 seconds elapsed time average quarter mile course! That's 180 + mph! Ron's bike also won Best Engineered Bike and Best Appearing Bike at ATCO.Ron owns and operates Krol Cycle, a high performance motorcycle parts and service shop. He is a factory representative for a major piston company and an AMSOIL Retail Account. Ron has been working on motorcycles for over fifteen years. So when Ron says "I know what works and what doesn't," most people listen. There is "no doubt" in his mind that "all the 'top dogs' in racing use synthetic oil, no matter what the logo says on the car or bike."Based on dynamometer tests on engines in his shop, Ron figures motorcycles gain "at least a couple of horsepower" using synthetic oil over petroleum. "There's no comparison," he says.Petroleum oils begin to break down and degrade almost immediately at these temperatures. The shortcomings of non-synthetic oils are especially obvious in drag bike racing, where the heat, high RPMs and pressures are magnified many times over a very short period (remember that Ron set his world record in 7.38 seconds). It's no wonder petroleum oils only wet an engines "appetite" for expensive engine parts! But using AMSOIL 20W-50 SYNTHETIC RACING OIL removed camshafts and rocker arms from Ron's engine's diets! Ron is convinced: "synthetic oils give more protection......they don't break down like petroleum oils."

rottella vs. Amzoil 21 Nov 2005 21:21 #9505

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
there is nothing on that bike that ever came down a production line,that thing doesnt even resemble a motorcycle!i hate the looks of hyabusas but drag racers are putting turbos and all kinds of sick stuff and making 600plus horsepower with a basically stock chassic with a long swingarm and no wheelie bars,running low8s-high7s with a bike you can turn the boost down on and cruise around on,a bike you can go buy at any suzuki dealer and go run 9s out of the box(if you can ride the ugly thing!)now thats impressive!and you notice,his hero the man on the mountain ELMER TRETT ,gone but never forgotten as long as im alive.still holds the world record and it was done on a STONEMOUNTAIN GEORGIA MONSTER TRETT-ASAKI!only the name trett can ever be used in front of -asaki!(although ive heard rumors the engineers at MIKUNI are working on a limited production run of GEORGE-BORE carbs,but dont tell him or he will starting charging for techno info!Ive recieved news that someguy named spiderman is now faster than Elmer trett,but he still did it on a kawasaki though!

Post edited by: wireguy, at: 2005/11/22 00:35

Post edited by: wireguy, at: 2005/11/22 00:36

Post edited by: wireguy, at: 2005/11/22 15:19

rottella vs. Amzoil 22 Nov 2005 12:31 #9640

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i dont do technology,and i kant spell eder,thats why i have to revice things

rottella vs. Amzoil 22 Nov 2005 15:26 #9682

• Rickman
  • User
Amsoil and Mobil 1 are made differently, out of different types of synthetics. I think I read that here: www.yarchive.net/car/index.html where you can spend, like, the next month of your life reading some of the most interesting posts I've ever seen.

Looks like it was this one that I was reading: yarchive.net/car/oil_facts1_2.html

Also, in this archive, you will find a lot of posts from one Dave Baker at PUMA RACE ENGINES in England as mentioned in the post by Ibsen... Mostly about porting and flow benches and stuff like that.

Do your own research, make your own opinion.. I think that if you were in the position where you really, really needed to find another 4HP, you'd probably know better ways to find it than switching motor oil. Mr StreetRider should buy the oil that makes him (and his wallet) happy, and change it often enough. You don't really know how well your oil and filter are doing unless you have your used oil analyzed and dissect your filter.
Oh wait, our filters aren't in cans, are they.. my bad ;)
1983 KZ1100-L1 "LTD Shaft"
Wiseco 10.5:1 1171 piston kit, bored by APE
Dyna 2000, Dyna S, Dyna grey coils, WG coil power mod, CB900 starter

• Page: