Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Will the compression go up with correct valve clearance? 06 Feb 2006 08:03 #21879

• OKC_Kent
  • OKC_Kent's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
In my other post about my valve adjustment I found my intake clearances were none to very small. I could rotate the buckets on the 0 clearance valves.

Now that they are set correctly, could I expect the compression to go up a bit? My readings 2,000 miles ago, cold, before I got the bike running after a few years sitting, varied from 125 to 145. I can't test the compression now, my tester is "borrowed".

Kent
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Will the compression go up with correct valve clearance? 06 Feb 2006 08:06 #21880

• wireman
  • Visitor
if any of the valves were hanging open bfore there should be an improvement,is it running better now?;)

Will the compression go up with correct valve clearance? 06 Feb 2006 08:36 #21884

• OKC_Kent
  • OKC_Kent's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
It runs great, but any difference in performance is too small for me to notice.
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Will the compression go up with correct valve clearance? 10 Feb 2006 21:08 #23066

• crewzzn88
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
just wondering where you bought your "sims" at. I may need to adjust my cam's too.

Will the compression go up with correct valve clearance? 10 Feb 2006 22:31 #23075

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
With small clearances, you will most often notice problems when the bike is real hot. Ride on an expressway for 15 or 20 minutes hard then come to a stop. Usually the engine will die. If you keep it revved it should stay running. This is because the valves no longer seal because the stems have become longer. Obviously this is very bad for the valves.

• Page: