Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

head cover gasket 17 Dec 2005 19:18 #13623

• CHARLESRAD
  • CHARLESRAD's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
While it's cool here in Memphis, I am going through my bike to make sure everything is ready for the summer. I noticed the head cover gasket is starting to leak nothing major yet.The factory manual shows its a straight forward procedure with the bolt tighting pattern and torque the most important steps to get right. any possible hang-ups from some who has done this would be helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

head cover gasket 17 Dec 2005 21:31 #13632

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Fairly simple operation, just make sure the mounting surfaces are clean and free of any old gasket material. Might want to check the valve clearances while you have the cover off.
KD9JUR

head cover gasket 18 Dec 2005 09:25 #13650

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Only one word of caution. I bought a cam cover gasket from a seller on EBay and he sent it FOLDED in half. He did refund me the money promptly which is why Im not blasting his name on the site, but if you want to know who it is U2U me, its not a member here though

EDIT I am not complaining about buying from EBay, just that you have to watch the seller. I might even buy from this guy again, but I will send him a reminder not to fold his gaskets if I do B)

Post edited by: danoz7five0, at: 2005/12/18 17:45

head cover gasket 18 Dec 2005 14:41 #13681

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
I got a bunch of gaskets off ebay. The dealer wats $80 for them!:sick: I got them off ebay for around $8. :woohoo:
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

• Page: