Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

It's cold 05 Nov 2015 20:22 #697404

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
10:30 Pm and we're in Eugene OR. Long ride, he doesn't want anyone to drive his new car, daughter is pissed. Got a club sandwich for me and my granddaughter, have a beer at Motel 6. Tomorrow is the big day. Hope they can get together before then.
I rode in wind, rain, even snow in my younger years. You're right, most Californians don't know how to drive in the rain. I do only when I have to, not because it's hard for me, it's because of all the stupid people on the road.
It's dry today, hopefully it will be tomorrow.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 00:45 #697411

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
You have some smooth looking highways there Steve - ever getting anyone blasting up the inside lane ?
That harley rider was probably just looking for some parts that had come loose :laugh: .
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 05:48 #697429

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I got some clips. Of the trip. The HD guy was just a snob. I love it when some jerk ether gets pulled over or is stuck further up because he picked up a nail. :lol:
Steve

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 07:05 #697445

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Here's a short clip of my favorite air plane. More to come.
Steve

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 08:59 #697457

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Drought.

Steve

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 12:45 #697489

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
It didn't work out as well as we'd hoped but the important thing is my daughter and soon to be husband got together and hammered out a settlement that benefits the child and their family. The monsters are excluded and we all can move on with our lives. No more trips to Oregon. The weather is warming up, so my ride home will be an enjoyable one. I can't wait to be on Bossie again and out of a box. Got a couple projects to do and more work on Bossie. (oil cooler) B) Maybe one day I'll come up here strictly as a road trip. There's a few places I'd like to visit. Shasta caverns is one.
Steve

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 12:51 #697491

• jackleberry
  • User
  • Thank you received: 56

swest wrote: It didn't work out as well as we'd hoped but the important thing is my daughter and soon to be husband got together and hammered out a settlement that benefits the child and their family. The monsters are excluded and we all can move on with our lives. No more trips to Oregon. The weather is warming up, so my ride home will be an enjoyable one. I can't wait to be on Bossie again and out of a box. Got a couple projects to do and more work on Bossie. (oil cooler) B) Maybe one day I'll come up here strictly as a road trip. There's a few places I'd like to visit. Shasta caverns is one.
Steve

Terwilliger/Cougar hotsprings is amazing and the ride there from Eugene ain't bad either (small section of gravel road though).
1997 KZ1000P (P16)
2001 KZ1000P (P20)

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 12:53 #697492

• redhawk4
  • User
  • Thank you received: 64
The HD snobbery makes me laugh, I can only guess they've never ridden another bike, so can't understand how their bikes fit into the realities of what's actually available and why someone like me could never imagine owning one. I have actually "owned" a few that we've bought in the dealer auctions, if you spend much time having to load them on and off trailers and maneuver them around the workshop while you are waiting for them to sell, they don't become any more desirable in my personal experience. Each to their own, but I do find that snobbery irritating, I'll shoot the breeze with any one on any type of bike.

Certainly cold here today in Utah, wouldn't fancy riding far. the only time I've been to Oregon was in August, it was cold and wet enough for me then and I lived the first 40 years of my life in the UK!!!
1978 KZ1000A2 Wiseco 1075 kit
1977 KZ650B1
1973 Triumph Tiger TR7V
1968 BSA Victor Special 441
2015 Triumph Thunderbird LT
1980 Suzuki SP400

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Last edit: by redhawk4.

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 13:13 #697496

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
There's a old HD joke about having sex with a sissy, being seen and how it applies to riding a "rice burner". I've never been ashamed riding a Z1, in fact I tell them I wouldn't ride a Harley unless it was a classic. I certainly wouldn't buy a new one. I have nothing to prove to anyone except myself. Can I ride? Yes. As well as in my 20/30's? No. I don't take as many chances ether. It's a wonder how I made it to my 60's. Bossie's now a classic and none around like her. Let them sneer. They're just jealous or can't get one. :whistle:
Steve

Last edit: by SWest.

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 13:31 #697502

• 9er rider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
  • Thank you received: 87
Dont know how to wrench. Too complicated and intricate, still learning metrics.
76 kz 900 1075 76 kz 900 a4 78 kz 1000 ltd

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 14:26 #697518

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Then they're really in trouble. Ours are low Tech compared to the devices they have on the new ones. Gonna get worse too. Cats, O2 sensors, knock sensors, crank/cam sensors, ECM's the works. :whistle: Don't need a computer to work on Bossie. ;)
Steve

It's cold 06 Nov 2015 14:38 #697522

• redhawk4
  • User
  • Thank you received: 64
Sounds a bit like the one about fat girls and scooters, both great fun until your friends catch you riding one :blush: .

The best Harley comment I heard was at a Triumph dealership where they said Harley's don't have throttles, just volume controls :) I've noticed exactly what they mean when riding my BMW with a group that includes many Harley riders, you hear the volume go up, think now we're off and with only the tiniest bit of throttle my BMW wants to ride right into the back of them, my wrist gets cramped because I only move the throttle about 1 degree when keeping pace with them.

You shouldn't feel ashamed riding a Z1 or KZ, heck these 40 year old bikes will still outrun most of the modern HD's. Back in the day they had to introduce a special tax to make imported bikes more expensive so Harley Davidson could remain in business. I 'm not really into big Heavy Bikes and cruisers of any brand, I can see their place if you are crossing states, but they are not for a quick blast through the canyons etc. - different riding style. I've loved bikes since my early teens and have ridden and owned all sorts from 49cc and up, but I still just don't get the Harley thing. As I say, each to their own if it works for you then good for you, we live to fulfill our own dreams not anyone else's.
1978 KZ1000A2 Wiseco 1075 kit
1977 KZ650B1
1973 Triumph Tiger TR7V
1968 BSA Victor Special 441
2015 Triumph Thunderbird LT
1980 Suzuki SP400

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Last edit: by redhawk4.