Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 06:06 #883021

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1624
Often overlooked on EVs motorcycles is that if you run out of battery power, you can push it home. ha ha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 08:01 #883031

• Move0ver
  • Away
  • User
  • Thank you received: 56

Often overlooked on EVs motorcycles is that if you run out of battery power, you can push it home. ha ha.

conveniently enough, it uses the same technique as when you run out of fuel on an ICE bike

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 08:19 #883032

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
  • Thank you received: 223
This film shows the new Zero concept.
"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 11:27 #883043

• VirusDumb
  • VirusDumb's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10

Move0ver post=883019 userid=26708

TexasKZ post=883018 userid=14419
 Radically different designs often sell poorly. 

Akira would beg to differ...  if a manufacturer made this as an EV, I'd pay top dollar.

The Honda DN tried to look like that and we'll uhh, hmm
Attachments:

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 11:37 #883045

• VirusDumb
  • User

VirusDumb post=882910 userid=66610

The kind of connected to the seat/body looks cool but I'm really disappointed with Kawasaki not distinguishing their electric motorcycles from the Gas powered ones

i understand what you are saying, I suspect the marketing folks are convinced that the ev will be more widely accepted by riders if it has a familiar look and operates similarly to the fossil fuel models. Radically different designs often sell poorly. 

I think Radically different design sell poorly because they radically fuck things up, instead of just making stuff simple, I think the simpler the sleeker something looks it's more easy to appreciate like this ev scooter made by this Swedish company called still ride, it kinda looks like a traditional scooter like a Vespa but really looks nothing like a traditional scooter or a motorcycle 

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 11:41 #883047

• VirusDumb
  • User

The kind of connected to the seat/body looks cool but I'm really disappointed with Kawasaki not distinguishing their electric motorcycles from the Gas powered ones

i understand what you are saying, I suspect the marketing folks are convinced that the ev will be more widely accepted by riders if it has a familiar look and operates similarly to the fossil fuel models. Radically different designs often sell poorly. 

They don't have to be radical they just need to look creative and simple like this scooter here made by a Swedish company called stillride, this kind of has the outlines or silhouette of a traditional Vespa but looks absolutely nothing like a traditional scooter 

Attachments:

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 15:22 #883061

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
The Honda DN-01 weighs a ton and can’t get out of its own way. I was offered a ride at a demo and said "no thanks".
"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 15:37 #883064

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1624
A different kind of EV. operates on human electrical power. and only weighs 37 lbs.

Thoughts on the Z ev 13 Apr 2023 15:58 #883070

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
37 pounds is ridiculously heavy for a SS bike. Mine would be considered a cheapo at $375 bucks when I bought it (Redline 9-2-5) and it weighs 23 pounds.

Thoughts on the Z ev 14 Apr 2023 01:11 #883097

• VirusDumb
  • User

A different kind of EV. operates on human electrical power. and only weighs 37 lbs.

that frame looks so uncomfortable, I prefer my handles conected directly to my forks